cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate difference between dates! Help!

Hello Guys, im having a really hard times now in PowerApps trying to calculate the difference between two dates to get the results in Hour.

I have been looking around for many hours trying to solve this but no success...

I have this Dates and Hours information

Parada is the first

Liberação is the last

I need to do an = Liberação - Parada, and get the results in 00:00:00, in this case it would be about 03:00:00 hours..

I tried the DateDiff, but it resulted in -27, he considered 1 day and 3 hours...this is not what I want.

hourcalculatepowerapps.PNG

The formulas I need to use to bring the correct date is 

Parada Text Label = "Parada " & Text ( DateAdd(Parada; TimeZoneOffset(Parada);Minutes) ; "[$-pt-BR]dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:Ss" ; "pt-BR" )

Liberação Text Label = "Liberação "  & Text ( DateAdd(Liberação; TimeZoneOffset(Liberação);Minutes) ; "[$-pt-BR]dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:Ss" ; "pt-BR" )

I appreciated any helps!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Calculate difference between dates! Help!

Hi @Anonymous, 

I recently went through the same exercise. You're correct, its not simple to diff dates and times in HH:MM format but it IS possible :). Please see the thread here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Need-help-with-diffing-times-commented-code/m-p/136077#M47070. 

@CarlosFigueira and I went through a lot of work to document how to do this. 

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erico, thanks for the reply.

It for sure gave me a north to this issue.

But Now I Im having another problem because of my form format.

On the create new form, i needed to adapt it because my users are using it on Desktop, so The Hour/Minute picker was terrible to choose, so i adapted it so they can write the hour/minte by theirselves.

thptotal.PNG

This is not the problem, because i could adapt the formula you instructed me, to this scenario.

The actual problem is, on the edit screen, I needed to change the way they fill the dates, because I couldnt do the hour/minute shows on the excel file correctly.edit_page.PNGthp_result.PNG

So the problem starts now, when the form is edited, the formula loses the reference of the Hour/minute field, and calculates nothing, and do not update 😞

Any idea how can I solve this?

Super User
Super User

Hm. I'm having trouble understanding the issue. 

• I see you adjusted the Hour/Minute input fields from a Dropdown to a text box. 
  • You likely have to change all of the parts of the Hour / Minute Formulas from ".Selected.Value" to ".Text"

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 269 members 3,578 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: