cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate difference between dates! Help!

Hello Guys, im having a really hard times now in PowerApps trying to calculate the difference between two dates to get the results in Hour.

I have been looking around for many hours trying to solve this but no success...

I have this Dates and Hours information

Parada is the first

Liberação is the last

I need to do an = Liberação - Parada, and get the results in 00:00:00, in this case it would be about 03:00:00 hours..

I tried the DateDiff, but it resulted in -27, he considered 1 day and 3 hours...this is not what I want.

hourcalculatepowerapps.PNG

The formulas I need to use to bring the correct date is 

Parada Text Label = "Parada " & Text ( DateAdd(Parada; TimeZoneOffset(Parada);Minutes) ; "[$-pt-BR]dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:Ss" ; "pt-BR" )

Liberação Text Label = "Liberação "  & Text ( DateAdd(Liberação; TimeZoneOffset(Liberação);Minutes) ; "[$-pt-BR]dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:Ss" ; "pt-BR" )

I appreciated any helps!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Calculate difference between dates! Help!

Hi @Anonymous, 

I recently went through the same exercise. You're correct, its not simple to diff dates and times in HH:MM format but it IS possible :). Please see the thread here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Need-help-with-diffing-times-commented-code/m-p/136077#M47070. 

@CarlosFigueira and I went through a lot of work to document how to do this. 

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erico, thanks for the reply.

It for sure gave me a north to this issue.

But Now I Im having another problem because of my form format.

On the create new form, i needed to adapt it because my users are using it on Desktop, so The Hour/Minute picker was terrible to choose, so i adapted it so they can write the hour/minte by theirselves.

thptotal.PNG

This is not the problem, because i could adapt the formula you instructed me, to this scenario.

The actual problem is, on the edit screen, I needed to change the way they fill the dates, because I couldnt do the hour/minute shows on the excel file correctly.edit_page.PNGthp_result.PNG

So the problem starts now, when the form is edited, the formula loses the reference of the Hour/minute field, and calculates nothing, and do not update 😞

Any idea how can I solve this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hm. I'm having trouble understanding the issue. 

• I see you adjusted the Hour/Minute input fields from a Dropdown to a text box. 
  • You likely have to change all of the parts of the Hour / Minute Formulas from ".Selected.Value" to ".Text"

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,271)