cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sienna
Level 10

Re: Calculate flight time

@timl

Oh yes you right... Problems are with minutes. I thought the problems are with hours.. I played with that time function for a while few weeks ago and I didn't notice that. I was sure it worked as I wanted to. However I've got another solution for that. It is a bit crazy but it works so far and din't notice any problem. What I'm doing here is adding those minutes into Today() where today always return 0:00 . And then formating it to hours:minutes format. Try it and let me know if you find any problem. I think this is much more easier and cleaner then the other workaround

Text(DateAdd(Today(),
DateDiff(DateTimeValue("2018-01-22 23:05"),DateTimeValue("2018-01-23 12:34"),Minutes),
Minutes),
"[$-en-GB]hh:mm")

Sienna
Level 10

Re: Calculate flight time

However I wasn't able to pull a day from it. That means if the duration exceed 24 hours it will go back to 00:00. So I found this the only solution to retrive also days from date - time format 

RoundDown(Value
(DateDiff(DateTimeValue("2018-01-22 23:05"),DateTimeValue("2018-01-23 23:06"),Minutes)
/1440),
0)
&"day(s) "&
Text(DateAdd(Today(),DateDiff(DateTimeValue("2018-01-22 23:05"),DateTimeValue("2018-01-23 23:06"),Minutes),
Minutes),
"[$-en-GB]hh:mm")

I guess this is good example for new function suggestion to make it more easier and clearer

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,424)