cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use Check Box to play as a data card showing excel data Yes or no

I have a excel data which has has a column containing data Yes or No. 

In the powerapp, can I show the Yes/No informaiton in "edit Form" using "Check Box" format ?

At this moment, it is showing like a text format only. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can I use Check Box to play as a data card showing excel data Yes or no

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which type column do you use to store the Yes or No value within your Excel table? A Text type column?

Further, do you want to use a Checkbox control within your Edit form to represent the "Yes" or "No" data?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, you could consider remove the Original Text Input box from the "Yes/No" Data card within your Edit form, then add a Checkbox control within it, then bind the Checkbox control to the "Yes/No" data card.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

2.JPG

On your side, you need to unlock the "Yes/No" data card within your Data card firstly, then remove the Original Text Input box from the "Yes/No" data card, then add a Checkbox within it.

Set the Text property of the Checkbox control (Checkbox1) to following:

"Yes"

Set the Update property of the "Yes/No" data card within your Edit form to following:

If(Checkbox1.Value = true, "Yes", "No")

Note: The "Yes/No" data card represents the specific column data card within your Edit form, which used to store the "Yes" or "No" value.

More details about removing the Original Text Input box from the "Yes/No" data card within your Edit form, and add a Checkbox control, please check the following GIF screenshot:Test.gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which type column do you use to store the Yes or No value within your Excel table? A Text type column?

Further, do you want to use a Checkbox control within your Edit form to represent the "Yes" or "No" data?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, you could consider remove the Original Text Input box from the "Yes/No" Data card within your Edit form, then add a Checkbox control within it, then bind the Checkbox control to the "Yes/No" data card.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

2.JPG

On your side, you need to unlock the "Yes/No" data card within your Data card firstly, then remove the Original Text Input box from the "Yes/No" data card, then add a Checkbox within it.

Set the Text property of the Checkbox control (Checkbox1) to following:

"Yes"

Set the Update property of the "Yes/No" data card within your Edit form to following:

If(Checkbox1.Value = true, "Yes", "No")

Note: The "Yes/No" data card represents the specific column data card within your Edit form, which used to store the "Yes" or "No" value.

More details about removing the Original Text Input box from the "Yes/No" data card within your Edit form, and add a Checkbox control, please check the following GIF screenshot:Test.gif

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Kris. 

After I created I check box on the datacard. I found I cannot relocate the data card by "Drag and Drop" Below is my design of the app which i want to place the check box on the below Blue and Orange boxes.  (even i turn off the "Snap to columns" function which I remember it is work before)

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you add a Checkbox on a Data card rather than within?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

If the Blue and Orange boxes are also within a Data card, please check if you have added Checkbox controls within the corresponding data card which contains the Blue and Orange boxes.

If the Blue and Orange boxes are not within a Data card (just within the Edit screen),  you should add the Checkbox control outside the data card (on/above the data card) rather than within a data card.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your prompt reply, Kris. 

The checkbox is within the data card on below. 

Those blue or orange box is a graphic only. But my idea is placing those checkbox on the graphic and indiciate area of information user requests. 

But I am not sure what I have done so I found that the "Drag and Drop" function of the datacard is gone. The function is still work on yesterday. .......

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris 

There is a question. 

If the checkbox is work on the "Edit Form", is it possible to apply this on "View Form" which a Click in checkbox is representing a value Yes on a column from Excel on Onedrive?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you add a Checkbox within a Data card in your Display form, the Checkbox would not be clickable.

When you add a Checkbox within a Data card in your Display form, the Display mode property of the Display form would overrite that of Checkbox control.

As an alternative solution, you could consider add the Checkbox outside the Data card, but within the Display form screen.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris 

Sorry for back and forth. 

But are there any methods the checkbox can be clicked automatically when the "Y" value in exel found? 
Just like the excel Cell contains "Y", then checkbox is ticked automatically in Powerapps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,589)