cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FelipeCaru
Level 8

Can a gallery use 2 different datasources?

Hello all,

I have a question about gallery and using two different datasource. My situation is that in one table I have the ID of an item and some info that is saved there when something it is edited (call it 'log'), and the other, main table, has all the information of said item, including the ID which is the one that would be used as criteria (IDlog = IDTable so to speak).

Question is; is it possible that in the gallery I have the log as source, and in the title/body/subtitle/label I add for each entry of the gallery, to have a lookup perhaps, of the other table and retrieve data from it? However, not sure where or how I would go using the condition of IDLog = IDTable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can a gallery use 2 different datasources?

You can definitely use LookUp to reference another table. The key is to use the ThisItem property for the data that is in your gallery. For instance, if I have a gallery, Gallery1, that is connected to Table1 and I want to reference the NameID and look up a Name in Table2 (where NameID in Table1 relates to ID in Table2), I would insert a text label and put the following in the Text property:

LookUp(
    Table2,
    ID = ThisItem.NameID
).Name

In your case, it would probable look something like this:

LookUp(
    log,
    IDlog = ThisItem.IDTable
).ThingYouWantToReference

Again, when using a gallery, the ThisItem propery is your best friend. Let me know if I need to clarify my example.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

You can definitely use LookUp to reference another table. The key is to use the ThisItem property for the data that is in your gallery. For instance, if I have a gallery, Gallery1, that is connected to Table1 and I want to reference the NameID and look up a Name in Table2 (where NameID in Table1 relates to ID in Table2), I would insert a text label and put the following in the Text property:

LookUp(
    Table2,
    ID = ThisItem.NameID
).Name

In your case, it would probable look something like this:

LookUp(
    log,
    IDlog = ThisItem.IDTable
).ThingYouWantToReference

Again, when using a gallery, the ThisItem propery is your best friend. Let me know if I need to clarify my example.

View solution in original post

FelipeCaru
Level 8

@wyotim That worked, thank you 🙂
If I have further doubts will answer on this, though

Super User
Super User

Glad it helped and I am happy to follow up later if needed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,524)