Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KC
Level 8

Can no longer edit one of my PowerApps

PowerApps version: 3.19022.17

AppId: dce7de14-c9ea-4af9-89c7-5e74e34f59ea

As of about 30 minutes ago, when trying to edit and test this app, my iPad screen went completely white 

I saved the app in the editor and closed it and tried reopening it

Now I keep getting the error message:

Error Opening the File

Contract Failure: Unspecified

Tried:

Cleared the browser cache

Restarted the browser

Restored app to a previous version (several attempts)

Still get the error message

Other apps do not seem to be affected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff AlanC
PowerApps Staff

Re: Can no longer edit one of my PowerApps

Hi @KC, I believe I have narrowed the issue to be related to a combination of two experimental features, Components and formula error management.

Here are some mitigation steps while we fix the issue, please bear with me as it requires some steps:

1- Navigate to https://create.powerapps.com

2- Open the Developer tools of your browser (Ctrl+Shft+i in chrome for example)

DevTools.png

3- In the Console type the following command and press enter: 

Contracts.checkNumberOrNull = function(){}

Console.png

4- Close the developer tools window (makes things faster).

5- Open your app and open App Settings (File -> App Settings)

6- In Advanced Settings scroll down to Experimental features and disable "Formula-level error management"

7- Save your app

After reloading the page, you should be able to load your app again.

Thanks,

Alan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

@KChave you tried to export the App and then Import it back in?

Not necessarily the solution here, but would be curious to know if you can successfully Export it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
KC
Level 8

Unfortunately, the import is getting the same error also.

PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@KC can you share the difference between the live version and past versions? What changes have you made?

Have you tried restoring another version?

KC
Level 8

@Mr-Dang-MSFT Yes, I tried restoring the previous 3 versions, none are editable. Contract Error message: unspecified. When I try to open the app from my desktop, phone and tablet, all I see is a white screen. The latest version, the only thing I did was add a function to copy the color value into a collection. 

Weird thing was , on my iPad the app appeared to be working, then I left the room and when I returned, the screen was white, so I went back into the editor closed the app and tried to reopen, then I started getting the Contract Failure: Unspecified message.

PowerApps Staff

@KC 

Clarification: I noticed you tagged this post with 'Components.' Did you add a component to this app and it failed shortly thereafter? If so, can you roll back to a version of the app that does not involve components?

PowerApps Staff

@KC, by the way, I had forwarded your information to the team as FYI.

CC @AlanC 

KC
Level 8

@Mr-Dang-MSFT I was building a component library, this app so far contains 7 components and a container screen to test the components, including the one I added a function to. All were working in the last version, prior to the last function I created. 

It worked when launched in design mode, it was only after I published it that the error appeared.

Not sure why this affected the prior versions of the app though, they do not contain the last changes.

KC
Level 8

@Mr-Dang-MSFT  Thank you 

PowerApps Staff

@KC wrote:

@Mr-Dang-MSFT I was building a component library, this app so far contains 7 components and a container screen to test the components, including the one I added a function to. All were working in the last version, prior to the last function I created. 

It worked when launched in design mode, it was only after I published it that the error appeared.

Not sure why this affected the prior versions of the app though, they do not contain the last changes.

Can you share more about this function? Did it involve collections, data, or something that is currently a limitation? 

See list of limitations at the bottom: 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/blog/components-start-your-journey-with-reusable-controls/

Another initial thought is I am wondering if there might be a circular logic in it as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 352 members 5,231 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: