cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LEARN_IT
Level: Powered On

Can't edit or update Gallery card

I'm not sure what is going on but all my galleries are locked for resizing or editing the colums. I used to to click on the first item on top and do my changes, now when i click, it selects the whole gallery. What i am missing here CantEdit.JPGcan resize or edit like i used toanything new?can resize or edit like i used to

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Can't edit or update Gallery card

Still seems to be a random issue.  I've noticed it a lot more lately. 

However, I have found that the easiest way to resolve it is to Ctrl-X the Gallery and then do an undo (Ctrl-Z).

Gallery comes right back and nothing is lost and all works well for the gallery...until it doesn't again. Then it's the same steps.

Thought I would share a quicker workaround for it.  Hopefully they will resolve this soon.

BTW - you might wonder, why do a Ctrl-X to "cut", then a Ctrl-Z to undo rather than just hit the Delete on the gallery and then Ctrl-Z undo?  Well...has anyone else noticed that undo sometimes does not undo?  So having it in the clipboard is just a safeguard in case the Undo doesn't undo. 😉

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

You could try this, as it seems to work for another user:

1. Select another screen in the tree view on the left sidebar (add a new screen if you only have one screen in your app)

2. Select the original screen in the tree view

LEARN_IT

I have many screens with gallery on it, they are like that and it is happening for all my apps. Only way it works if i create a new gallery, but the next day it  goes back to be locked. Can't edit it.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

How are you navigating to different screens? By using the tree view on the left?

When you say "the next day", do you mean you leave the app open overnight or do you start a brand new session the next day and open the app?

Super User
Super User

Lots of problems with editing galleries seem to have appeared in the last week or so.

These include, not being able to select any controls in a galleary, be able to select controls but not move or resize them, not being able to paste controls into a gallery and so on.

For me, doing a CTRL+F5 and re-launching the App studio clears these issues sometimes.

It is very frustrating and really slowing down development.

jsantan73

Having the same issues here... galleries are editable only by selecting items in the tree directly.  You can't just click on a card or label in the viewport.  Intermittently happens.  What's the deal??

Super User
Super User

Still seems to be a random issue.  I've noticed it a lot more lately. 

However, I have found that the easiest way to resolve it is to Ctrl-X the Gallery and then do an undo (Ctrl-Z).

Gallery comes right back and nothing is lost and all works well for the gallery...until it doesn't again. Then it's the same steps.

Thought I would share a quicker workaround for it.  Hopefully they will resolve this soon.

BTW - you might wonder, why do a Ctrl-X to "cut", then a Ctrl-Z to undo rather than just hit the Delete on the gallery and then Ctrl-Z undo?  Well...has anyone else noticed that undo sometimes does not undo?  So having it in the clipboard is just a safeguard in case the Undo doesn't undo. 😉

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

LEARN_IT

Yes, I'm navigation to a new screen and when I create a new gallery, everything looks normal then the next day i can't edit it or resize it. Frustrated...

LEARN_IT

RandyHayes - It works. It is not the best solution but it works.

Thanks,

Andy

Super User
Super User

Yes, I see it often.  I could be working on a Gallery one moment, work on another control the next, then come back to the Gallery and it is in "funk" mode.  

Still, a Ctrl-X and Ctrl-Z does the trick every time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 434 members 6,047 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: