cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skete211
Level: Powered On

Can't get one navigation icon to work

I have built an app using PowerApp Studio and a single data source.  The app pretty much built itself, except that I added a few fields and and labels, and one screen to open the app with a button and picture.  All of the navigation elements work except for an arrow icon that takes the user from the BrowseGalllery1 screen to the Details1 screen.  

Session ID: 57ffec53-bd01-e19c-24ce-a0e1c4a39df2
PowerApps 2.0.711

I have checked to make sure the DisplayMode is set to edit as I read in another post and my AutoDisableOnSelect is set to true as I read in another.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Skete211

Re: Can't get one navigation icon to work

I managed to fix my own issue.  I had made sure the 'DisplayMode' was set to edit on the individual item in the BrowseGallery1 screen, but I somehow managed to get the whole Browse Screen display mode set to 'view".  Once I changed it to 'edit' all was well again.  Aaargh!  The simple things!  

Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Skete211,

What is the formula with your onselect property of the navigation icon? For your reference:

NavigateScreenTransition [, UpdateContextRecord ] )

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-navigate/

Also, did you get any error message? What would happen after you click on the icon?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Skete211

I used:   NavigateDetails1, ScreenTransition.cover)  with 'Details1' being the screen I am trying to go to from the main screen.

Here is a screen shot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYv2nwJoSDFjGbuO6YRnKZ6DpQ8qtvpJ/view?usp=sharing

I tried usung your formula:

Navigate( Details1, ScreenTransition.cover [, UpdateContextRecord ] )

It didn't solve the issue.  Not sure why I need the 'UpdateContext' part as I am not trying to update any records...only change screens.  Is there a record I should be updating when I do that switch?

Also, all of my other navigation buttons work fine, only this one is broken.  I doesn't throw off any errors with my navigate formula. It just ooesn't work.  

Thank you.

Super User
Super User

Your going to need to store the Gallery.Selected.ID in a variable in order to pass it to your form on the next screen.

On the form: data source set to whatever it is, and in the Item property you need to use the variable to choose the 1 item for the form

So on your arrow Do: Set(SelectedID,ThisItem.ID);Navigate(Details1,ScreenTransition.Cover)

Go to your form and in the item property put: Value(SelectedID)

Dont forget to clear your variables though if you go back to the first screen, you can use the screentransition context variables which only cary to the next screen but i prefer globals

Highlighted
Skete211

@Delid4ve     This also didn't work.  I put  the suggested code into the 'OnSelect' for the gallery screen button and also in the item for the display page and all it did was through out an error and make the data invisible.  Notsure if it matters for your suggested solutions, but the screen I am trying to navigate to is a display only screen that displays the full details of the record vs the limited details in the gallery screen entry.  It isn't a form....like to edit the record. 

Thank you for your help.

Skete211

I managed to fix my own issue.  I had made sure the 'DisplayMode' was set to edit on the individual item in the BrowseGallery1 screen, but I somehow managed to get the whole Browse Screen display mode set to 'view".  Once I changed it to 'edit' all was well again.  Aaargh!  The simple things!  

Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,566)