cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvenV
Level 8

Can't open app on Apple Ipad Air 2

Hi

I've been working on this app for quite some time now and suddenly it does not open on my ipad anymore. Works on the desktop and on the web but not on my ipad. Using version 2.0.680 (tablet and desktop). 

So what happens:

- I log in

- See my app and click on it, downloads the app and tries to open it

- I see the splash screen, then a white screen, the the purple screen with the powerapps logo then back to the dasktop where I can open the app. 

Tried signing out, restarting the tablet, removing the app, nothing seems to work. 

Session-id: e83b8499-3c95-2ebc-a12e-9a84ac21aeca

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can't open app on Apple Ipad Air 2

Hi SvenV,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue when you open your app on IPad Air?

What’s the version of your iPad?

The PowerApps version on my side is 2.0.680. I try to open apps on iPad Air(Version 10.3.3), there is no issues to run the apps.

Please try again with it, if you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Hi @SvenV 

Was you issue resolved?

The only errors I could observe in logs were related to your app trying to access a permium capability which is being deined as the user doesn't have a dedicated PowerApps P1 or P2 license. Is your app using CDS? Can you please if your issue is resolved once you remove CDS as data source of the app or use a user with proper license? 

SvenV
Level 8

Hi

I am using that version of PowerApps and I have the latest IOS version (updated today). Still exactly the same result..

Kr

Sven

SvenV
Level 8

Hello

I am only using Azure SQL DB and OneDrive. So I am not sure to which Premium features you are refering to. 

Something else I can check, really need to get this fixed ASAP because this is a production application 😕

Will try myself to update those two connections and see if that changes anything.

KR

Sven

PowerApps Staff

Sorry to hear that SvenV, can you please open a support ticket? We may need to involve the support channel here to get the issue resolved for you.

Just one more things, are you loading a lot of data in this app? Like fetching a lot of data in collections? We have seen memory issues sometimes if lots of data is loaded.

SvenV
Level 8

Hi,

So I do this via the Office 365 portal or which channel do I need to follow?

In terms of data it is not too much IMHO but what is the limit or what is too much?

It has however a lot of screens 70-80, but in another post they insured me this should not be a problem.

Regarding memory issues..I am constantly updating this app a lot. Really like the PowerApps platform but to be honest the designer is very slow, sometimes I click and need to wait several minutes. Have a look at this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Extremely-slow/m-p/51382#M21413

Is this something you guys could help me with or also a support ticket? This is very much contra-productive and also not good for my enthousiasm.

PowerApps Staff

Hi SvenV, 

I sent you a PM indicating how to open a support ticket. 

We have no configured limit on number of screens or data as the memory consumption can depend on the actual app. 70-80 screens definitely will be around a higher side of screens and can cause apps to have increased memory usage which affects performance.

One of my suggestion will be to see if you can break the app into smaller apps with modularized functionality based on user scenario. You can use the Launch function to then interlaunch these apps.

We are definitely working on improving the performance and resource usage for PowerApps, that is the most important goal for our team currently.

I am including @audrieg@Karthik to see if they have any suggestions to help you here while authoring the apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,974)