cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RKushner
Level: Powered On

Can unlicensed external users work with Power's forms in the browser like InfoPath?

Can non-licensed external users work with PowerApps forms in the browser like InfoPath?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Re: Can unlicensed external users work with Power's forms in the browser like InfoPath?

Yes, I understand. There are plans to enhance sharing capabilities for a varity of business scenarios such as the one you raised above. However, I don't have any roadmap targets to share with you at this time. Being that this is a critical component of your business use case, I encourage you to submit it as a feature idea, and to vote for this enhancement on User Voice. You can do that here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Thank you for your patience and continued feedback.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Power Automate Staff

Re: Can unlicensed external users work with Power's forms in the browser like InfoPath?

PowerApps consumers must be licensed to consume and/or to create PowerApps for use in the browser. However, in most cases they can self provision a free license (unless there is an explicit block by environment admins).

A few other points to keep in mind when considering sharing access to PowerApps:

• Users and contributors need permissions to any data connections and gateways that a shared app uses. Some permissions come along implicitly with the app, but others must be explicitly granted.
  • If the app uses Common Data Service entities, users and contributors will need access to the Common Data Service database. Consumers should have a Plan 1 license, and those who build apps that model the CDS need a Plan 2 license.

Learn more about sharing and pricing by reviewing these references:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app/

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Thank you for providing any use cases you have for this scenario, or voting for other ideas, at this link:

RKushner

If my external users self provision free licenses, will those licenses be temporary?

RKushner

Note that my external users would only consume, and not create power apps.

Power Automate Staff

Licenses are not temporary, unless of course they are blocked or removed by an admin in the tenant (Office 365/Dynamics 365). They are associated to the organization that is sharing the app (@domain.com). So, they'll be asked for a work or school account when they sign up.

Rereading your question...I think you might be looking for "External User" memberships (like SharePoint Online has). Unfortunately, PowerApps does not support that scenario at this time.

RKushner

Yes, I am looking for the same external users that we will need to have in SharePoint Online. Currently, they are an essential part of our SharePoint on prem, and they will also be critical users of the forms that we create in SharePoint Online. Is there any plan to allow these external users to use/consume forms created in Power Apps?

Power Automate Staff

Yes, I understand. There are plans to enhance sharing capabilities for a varity of business scenarios such as the one you raised above. However, I don't have any roadmap targets to share with you at this time. Being that this is a critical component of your business use case, I encourage you to submit it as a feature idea, and to vote for this enhancement on User Voice. You can do that here:

Thank you for your patience and continued feedback.

View solution in original post

jusper

Since PowerApps do not still support sharing with external users, I can recommend taking a look at Microsoft Forms which can be published to any web sites for anonymous users or a 3-rd party solution - Plumsail Forms which allows you to design fully responsive forms with tabs, grids, accordions and many other features and publish them either on public web sites or in SharePoint modern pages.

---
Dmitry Kozlov from Plumsail

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

bdc604
Level 8

Plumsail is definitely more cost effective than MS’s proposed solution for external users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,012)