Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Axal
Level: Powered On

Can we display image for some amount of time ? then hide it

Hi all,

Probably this is a stupid thing, I just want to display some GIF file in the second I click a button in my Apps. It'a a "fake" progress bar, which after some amount of time, lets say 5 second, I would like to hide again the GIF file.

Can we do that? or there is other way which more appropriate, but not difficult (coz I ain't developer)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrNappa

Re: Can we display image for some amount of time ? then hide it

It's not too difficult, you can use local variables and a Timer control.

Add the gif to your screen but set its 'Visible' property to a local variable, for example 'gifVisible'.
Add a timer control to your screen (Insert->Input->Timer) and set its 'AutoStart' property also to 'gifVisible' and the 'OnTimerEnd' to 'UpdateContext({ gifVisible: false })'.
In the OnSelect event of the button, use 'UpdateContext({ gifVisible: true })' to trigger everything: the update to the variable will cause the gif to become visible and the timer to start. And when the timer ends, it will update the variable again so the gif will be hidden.

That's the basic gist of it, at least.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MrNappa

Re: Can we display image for some amount of time ? then hide it

It's not too difficult, you can use local variables and a Timer control.

Add the gif to your screen but set its 'Visible' property to a local variable, for example 'gifVisible'.
Add a timer control to your screen (Insert->Input->Timer) and set its 'AutoStart' property also to 'gifVisible' and the 'OnTimerEnd' to 'UpdateContext({ gifVisible: false })'.
In the OnSelect event of the button, use 'UpdateContext({ gifVisible: true })' to trigger everything: the update to the variable will cause the gif to become visible and the timer to start. And when the timer ends, it will update the variable again so the gif will be hidden.

That's the basic gist of it, at least.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,356)