cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Level 8

Can you receive notifications on powerapps or emails?

Hi, 

Im creating a new app where i would like the user to be notified if i change something or add a calander item. I read that powerapps cannot recieve emails? is that correct? and can it recieve notifications?

How would i alert the user to a job being added or a new calander item?

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwebb365
Level 10

Re: Can you receive notifications on powerapps or emails?

Check out push notifications: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

Not sure on exact scenario here but you can use these to send notifications with parameters to launch the app into the notification. Flow usually feeds the notification.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cwebb365
Level 10

Check out push notifications: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

Not sure on exact scenario here but you can use these to send notifications with parameters to launch the app into the notification. Flow usually feeds the notification.

View solution in original post

shaneOZ
Level 8

Perfect i just needed someway of alerting them, id prefer email. However it looks unavailable in powerapps at the moment

cwebb365
Level 10

You can email from the app but not while it’s inactive. However the same approach can be used with flow. Have flow have a trigger or a repeat scheduled run to do checked then send email using an email task having a link in the email that starts the app using URL parameters to navigate and start you in a screen with that data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,874)