cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshnystrom
Level 8

Re: Cannot remove selected item from dropdown fields

Thanks @LRVinNCSmiley Very Happy I only wish I'd taken the time to read the whole thread yesterday! 

Super User
Super User

@LRVinNC @joshnystrom

That was going to be my next question - what are the app settings and do any impact this.

So @LRVinNC you seem to be the only one that has an actual app that this works in...and now we know the answer and an answer for @gh1 - turn on Formula-level Error Management!

Great sleuth work!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
gh1
Level: Powered On

@RandyHayes  / @joshnystrom  / @LRVinNC  - Thank you all for your help! Smiley Very Happy

As you discovered, enabling the "Formula-level error management" Experimental feature was the fix - for all my column types. 

As this is an experimental setting, I really hope PowerApps makes this a core feature in the future. A little unsettling seeing the disclosure that this feature could break or be removed at anytime. I would hate to lose this functionality. But for now, I will take it as a win. 

Thanks again.

joshnystrom
Level 8

@gh1 You're most welcome - happy to help!

Thanks also to @RandyHayes and @LRVinNC for working on this, and doubly to Randy for bringing me in.

I share your concerns about relying on an experimental feature for this capability. That concern motivated me to pindown what can and can't be done without it. Part of my writeup was accepted as solution here - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Clear-DateField-and-Lookup-Column-value/m-p/2... - and I plan to rework my posts in related threads in the coming days so that each thread has all of the information in a single message for reference.

All that to say, if the functionality were to be lost for any reason, we should expect to be able to fall back to the workaround. It may be more complex, but it isn't bending the platform to accomplish these updates. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!

Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,353)