Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sachinbansal
Level: Powered On

Re: Canvas app guest access public preview feedback

Hi

Do we know when this feature would be available in Government US Cloud?

Regards

Sachin Bansal

PowerApps Staff alaugMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Hello, @kennisdj051 .

1. A external users will always require a license. However, very soon we'll be enabling a feature that recognizes the license in a user's home and guest tenant so a license doesn't need to be assigned in the guest tenant. 

2. Billing occurs on the number of licenses purchased and not who they're assigned to. There are multiple scenarios where who a license is assigned to may change, which is why https://admin.microsoft.com and https://portal.azure.com can be used to change license assignment. 

3. Yes, licenses are purchased for an organization and then assigned to users within an organization. Billing occurs for licenses purchased for the organization. Since your application is only a one time use, I'm wondering if PowerApps Portal might be a better solution to your scenario. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to discuss your scenario in more detail. 

PowerApps Staff

Hello, @Sachinbansal . 

This week. There is one outstanding update to make.powerapps.com happening in the government cloud this week which will allow sharing canvas apps with guests. 

Thanks,

Austin

seadude
Level 10

Help me with this scenario:
- Large Corp A (50k O365 licenses) builds a PowerApp with Sharepoint lists as data source
- Corp A has security folks who will never grant guest access in AAD
- Small Corp B, C and D are all users of the app
- Users from Small Corp B, C and D can change daily (Bob is an employee today, gone tomorrow, now Joe)
How is a canvas app built by Large Corp A and the Sharepoint lists used by B, C and D?
Do not want “Portal” as a solution.
PowerApps Staff

@seadude - This scenario isn't supported, guest access in AAD is a prerequisite for canvas app guest access.

If security folks want control over who can invite guests and what guests can access when they're part of the tenant then AAD external collaboration and AAD conditional access may provide the management capabilities desired by security folks.

As for sharing an app with users that change frequently, the app can be shared with an AAD security group and then new users can be added to the group (instead of having to reshare the app with every new user). 

BegeNCSU
Level: Powered On

I've encountered an issue when trying to share an app with a guest that isn't a google account (see Guest Access with Canvas App for the full story). In both cases, I've added the external user, added a PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license and shared the app with that user. The gmail account is able to run the app, but the Mailfence and Protonmail accounts return a "The app didn't start correctly.Try Refreshing your browser."

I've used different browsers (Firefox, Chrome) and I get the same error.

Session ID: 94b3641b-8fb7-4641-940b-bce6192df943

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,968)