cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RussellGove
Level 10

Capture original value of of field in a sharepoint list form.

Hi , I  have a sharpoint  list  called 'Account reqquests' with a choice field called GLMDRegionalApproval. I created a custom form with powerapps.  I have a requirement to send out an email when the user changes that field and saves the item.

So I am trying to capture the original values of the GLMDRegionalApproval so oi can compare the original value to the new value in the OnSuccess event of the form,

I added the code 

Set(OriginalRegionalApproval,SharePointIntegration.Selected.GLMDRegionalApproval.Value);

to the onEdit event  of the sharepointintegration  object.  

I added the same code to the onVisible event as well, but that does not work either. 

How would I capture the initial value so that i can send out an email whjen the value changed.  the Email needs to include both the old value and the new value.

The code is not capturing the value though. 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Capture original value of of field in a sharepoint list form.

Hi,

Please change the formula under the OnEdit property of the SharePointIntegration as below:

EditForm(SharePointForm1);Set(OriginalChoiceValue,If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First(SharePointListName),SharePointIntegration.Selected).GLMDRegionalApproval.Value)

See image reference:

75.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,165)