cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Capture signature via pen input and upload to SQL?

I found this thread about a workaround for getting Pen Input Image into sharepoint. However it seems like it isn't a very direct solution due to storage of pen input. I am wondering if anyone has gotten this to work with SQL? If so can you share the data type in SQL and the Patch command. I have searched for this and can't find any refernces showing syntax.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Capture signature via pen input and upload to SQL?

Hi @BrianHFASPS,

Do you want to save/store Pen Input Image from an app into your SQL table?

If you want to save/store the Pen Input Image from an app into your SQL table, I think the Image type column in SQL Server could achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upload-files-from-powerapps-to-sql-server/

On your side, you should create a Image type column in your SQL table firstly. Then set the OnSelect property of the "Save" button to following:

Patch(
'[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]', Defaults('[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]'), { FileName: TextInput1.Text, ImageTypeColumn: PenInput1.Image /* <-- PenInput1 represents the Pen Input control in your app */ } )

Note: The blog I provided above would also be applied to Pen Input control.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BrianHFASPS,

Do you want to save/store Pen Input Image from an app into your SQL table?

If you want to save/store the Pen Input Image from an app into your SQL table, I think the Image type column in SQL Server could achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upload-files-from-powerapps-to-sql-server/

On your side, you should create a Image type column in your SQL table firstly. Then set the OnSelect property of the "Save" button to following:

Patch(
'[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]', Defaults('[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]'), { FileName: TextInput1.Text, ImageTypeColumn: PenInput1.Image /* <-- PenInput1 represents the Pen Input control in your app */ } )

Note: The blog I provided above would also be applied to Pen Input control.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Thanks I also watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX3i8456YwU to give me some guidance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 231 members 5,055 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: