Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dossies
Level: Power Up

Card Positioning

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a powerapp for the tablet design, but struggling with some formatting.

My app is binded to a datasource (dynamics 365) and has different input fields (or cards). What I would like to accomplish is that I can position fields next to each other (2 or more fields on the same row level). I currently don't see an option to accomplish this. It seems I can only place the input fields underneath each other. It's also not clear to me if this is at all possible.

I can play with creating 2 forms and placing these next to each other, but those forms treat their datasources as separate instances (aka different records).
I can also add an extra input field to a card, but this input field is then not binded to the datasource as it seems only one text field on the card can be binded.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,
Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Card Positioning

Hi, this is not currently possible but I believe the team is working on this.

As a solution I do not use forms but place the controls freely on the tablet screen and then use a Patch function instead to write to the database (either new records or editing of current records).  It works well and you have much more control and flexibility that with forms.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi, this is not currently possible but I believe the team is working on this.

As a solution I do not use forms but place the controls freely on the tablet screen and then use a Patch function instead to write to the database (either new records or editing of current records).  It works well and you have much more control and flexibility that with forms.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Dossies

Hi,

This was what I was looking for! Thanks for the guidance 🙂

AndHef

Hello all , 

is there a solution created in the meantime ? 
I try to do the same , and it seems , that it is still not possible to move the cards freely.

Thx in Advance 

Andreas

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,173)