cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ppkeno
Level: Powered On

Card data not saving.

I have a name card that when typed in will search contacts for a match. E.g If i start typing Dylan "Dyl.." It displays the selectable contacts named Dylan. If the name i wish to enter is not a part of the contacts, it does not save on the form.

Is there a method of allowing text to save in this field in a form when the name is not in the list of contacts? I have a simple form where when I press submit, the form does not save in the list unless the name is selected in the field.

Edit: The field is a person/group column taken from sharepoint which uses office365 contacts. Here is an image of the field with a selectable contact.

1.png

When I try to enter a name not in the contacts list and hence no clickable suggested contact, the form does not save this entry when it is submitted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Card data not saving.

Hi @ppkeno,

The Person or group column type in SharePoint list is considered as a lookup field, it retrieve data from your Office365.

So you can only search the ones who is in your Office365 group.

If you would like to add the users which is not searchable, currently this is not available. 

The user must be added as an Office 365 user first, so as to make the patch for the person or group field  work as expected.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KickingApps
Level 8

Where is your contact list stored?  Is it a collection, SharePoint list, Excel...?

ppkeno
Level: Powered On

Appologies for not mentioning, it's coming from a "person or group" column in sharepoint which I assume uses office365 contacts.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ppkeno,

The Person or group column type in SharePoint list is considered as a lookup field, it retrieve data from your Office365.

So you can only search the ones who is in your Office365 group.

If you would like to add the users which is not searchable, currently this is not available. 

The user must be added as an Office 365 user first, so as to make the patch for the person or group field  work as expected.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,807)