cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jpacettf
Level 8

Cascading Dropdowns based on Lookup columns in a SharePoint Form

I have created Cascading Dropdowns from a SharePoint List titled: 'Promoter and Organiser Directory'

This list has 4 columns in titled:

Company (Title)

Contact

Email

Telephone Number

First of all I want to make sure that I am able to create cascading drop downs with a SharePoint List that has more than 2 columns?

Secondly, I seem to be having a problem with my second drop down. It has the correct number of values but they are all blank. Formulas are below:

PromoterdDropDown:

Items:  Distinct('Promoter and Organiser Directory',Title) - Pulls through list of Companies fine.

DropDown3:

Items: Filter('Promoter and Organiser Directory', Title=PromoterDropdown.Selected.Value)

Screenshot Attached.

I have been wracking my brain for hours, it is probably something very simple!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimRohr
Level 10

Re: Cascading Dropdowns based on Lookup columns in a SharePoint Form

Yes, you can drive one dropdown's available options based on the selection in another.

Try this for the Items property of DropDown3:

Filter('Promoter and Organiser Directory', Title=PromoterDropdown.Selected.Title)

Also, make sure that you have the right field in the "Value" property for each of your dropdowns.

(as a side-note, it looks like you're trying to use a textbox and a drop down to mimic the built-in functionality of a combobox... allowing typing to find an entry. If so, it might be quicker/easier and require less screen real-estate to go with a combo instead.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TimRohr
Level 10

Yes, you can drive one dropdown's available options based on the selection in another.

Try this for the Items property of DropDown3:

Filter('Promoter and Organiser Directory', Title=PromoterDropdown.Selected.Title)

Also, make sure that you have the right field in the "Value" property for each of your dropdowns.

(as a side-note, it looks like you're trying to use a textbox and a drop down to mimic the built-in functionality of a combobox... allowing typing to find an entry. If so, it might be quicker/easier and require less screen real-estate to go with a combo instead.)

View solution in original post

jpacettf
Level 8

Worked great thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 328 members 5,540 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: