cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavint
Level: Powered On

Cascading drop down edit form shows different values

Hi,

I have read many posts from the forum but nothing seems to work for my issue.

I created a cascading dropdown on PowerApps. I managed to pass the user selected value back to the Sharepoint List by modifying the lookup field's data card properties. However, when I click on edit form, it shows me the default value instead of the value shows in Sharepoint list which is the user selected value

Also, where can I change the default value for the drop down control.? In the drop down control, it shows default as "1", I tried to set it like this "" but it still shows me value....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cascading drop down edit form shows different values

Hi @lavint ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Segment field in your SP List? Is it a LookUp type column?

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Further, do you want to set a Default value within the Segment Dropdown box?

If the Segment field is a LookUp field in your SP List, I think there is something wrong with the formula you typed within the Update property of the Segment Data card in your Edit form. Pease set the Update property of the Segment Data card to following:

{
  Id: LookUp(SegSubsegMapping, Title = ddSegment.Selected.Result, ID),
  Value: ddSegment.Selected.Result
}

If you want to set a Default value within the Segment Dropdown box, please set the Default property of the Segment Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.Segment.Value

Note: I assume that the Segment Dropdown box is within the Segment Data card in your Edit form.

If the Segment Dropdown box is not within the Segment Data card in your Edit form, please set the Default property of the Segment Dropdown box to following:

Gallery1.Selected.Segment.Value

Note: I assume that you use Gallery control to list all records of your SP List.

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about setting a Default value for a Dropdown control, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Set-default-selection-for-drop-down-in-Edit-F...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lavint ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Segment field in your SP List? Is it a LookUp type column?

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Further, do you want to set a Default value within the Segment Dropdown box?

If the Segment field is a LookUp field in your SP List, I think there is something wrong with the formula you typed within the Update property of the Segment Data card in your Edit form. Pease set the Update property of the Segment Data card to following:

{
  Id: LookUp(SegSubsegMapping, Title = ddSegment.Selected.Result, ID),
  Value: ddSegment.Selected.Result
}

If you want to set a Default value within the Segment Dropdown box, please set the Default property of the Segment Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.Segment.Value

Note: I assume that the Segment Dropdown box is within the Segment Data card in your Edit form.

If the Segment Dropdown box is not within the Segment Data card in your Edit form, please set the Default property of the Segment Dropdown box to following:

Gallery1.Selected.Segment.Value

Note: I assume that you use Gallery control to list all records of your SP List.

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about setting a Default value for a Dropdown control, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Set-default-selection-for-drop-down-in-Edit-F...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

lavint
Level: Powered On

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,479)