cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moki
Level: Powered On

Change Column Being Filtered Based on DropDown Selection

HI!

I have a series of cascading dropdowns that need to determine how a table is filtered. So for Table1, let's say I have the columns ProjectNum, Owner, Location.

The first set of dropdowns are dd1 & dd1a. dd1 displays the columns available (ProjectNum, Owner, Location). dd1a will then show the distinct values in the column selected. So if dd1 = Location, then dd1a displays North, South, East, West.

The second set of dropdowns (dd2 & dd2a) will then show the remaining available columns (dd2 = ProjectNum,Owner) and the corresponding values (dd2a). dd2a is where I am running into problems. The values need to be filtered by what was selected in dd1 & dd1a. In this instance, dd2a values should be filtered by Location = North. So if Owner is selected in dd2, then distinct Owners where Location = North should be listed in dd2a. Clear as mud?

I have tried setting the value of dd1 to a variable and using that variable in a filter. UpdateContext({vCol:dd1.Selected.Value});Filter(Table1, vCol = dd1a.Selected.Value) and nothing is returned.

I have also tried Filter(Table1,dd1.Selected.Value = dd1a.Selected.Vaue) which also returns nada. I don't get error messages, I just don't get results.

So I throw myself on the mercy of you wise souls. Any ideas? 🙂

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Change Column Being Filtered Based on DropDown Selection

Hi @Moki,

I will try to find out a solution, would you please first tell us what is your data source? Also, what is the formulas that you used on the first set of dropdowns dd1 and dd1a?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,286)