Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power_Robert
Level: Powered On

Change Date Format in PowerApps itself?

Hi,

I've been looking to change the date format / locale of PowerApps itself. Like in the image below, the date is shown in the US format, where can this be changed to the European format? The locale setting in Outlook is already set correcly, but this doesn't effect PowerApps (as expected) but I can't find a setting that effacts PowerApps.

Do I have to ask our Office 365 administrators to change this?

Any help is welcome.

Regards,

Robert

PowerApps.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Change Date Format in PowerApps itself?

Hi @Power_Robert 

The PowerApps portal displays date formats based on the language setting of your browser. Therefore, the only way to change what you see there is to change the language through the settings of your web browser.

This post might be of interest to you, especially the comment about using the en-NL culture code since you're based in the Netherlands. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-change-language/td-p/25368

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Power_Robert ,

Do you want to change Time zone of PowerApps from US to Europe?

I'm afraid it's not supported to change it directly in PowerApps.

For now, time of PowerApps is determined by your local location by default.

It means that if you are in US now , time will display as US time automatically.

I suggest you express your views about changing time zone on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If you want to change Time zone, you could only change it manually by using TimeZoneOffset function.

For example:

DateAdd( Now(), TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes )  // change local time to UTC

DateAdd( StartTime, -TimeZoneOffset( StartTime ), Minutes )  //convert time from UTC

Using this can only change the time data inside PowerApps, but the time in the pic that you showed will not change.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Power_Robert
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

Thank you for your help. What I mean is the time format, so it shows mm/dd/yyyy. I am in The Netherlands so I like to see the date as dd/mm/yyyy in PowerApps itself (at the location as shown in the picture), not in one of my own apps. (And maybe a 24H time as well, but that is less important to me.)

Super User
Super User

Hi @Power_Robert 

The PowerApps portal displays date formats based on the language setting of your browser. Therefore, the only way to change what you see there is to change the language through the settings of your web browser.

This post might be of interest to you, especially the comment about using the en-NL culture code since you're based in the Netherlands. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-change-language/td-p/25368

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 5,811 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: