cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saintenr
Level: Powered On

Change Drop Down Items Value by selected List Item from a SharePoint List

Hello Guys, 

I want to create a PowerApp which writes data to a SharePoint list via dropdown menu and which can then be reloaded and edited with the PowerApp. I did the writing to the SharePoint list with a patch, because written records should not be changed. So writing is no problem. When loading the data, the user should get a list on the start page where his created entries, from the SharePoint list are displayed. This was verified by name matching of the logged in user.

So much for what has been achieved so far.

The problem is that I haven't yet figured out how to write the data from the SharePoint list as value into the corresponding dropdown fields based on the selected list entry on the start page.

Can you help me there?
thank you very much,
Saintenr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Change Drop Down Items Value by selected List Item from a SharePoint List

HI @Saintenr ,

How do you list your SP list reocrds within your start page? Using Gallery or Data Table or List box?

Could you please share a bit more about your app's configuration?

Further, do you want to change the Items value within your Dropdown box based on the selected entry within your Start page?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Filter function could achieve your needs. Please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the Dropdown box to following:

Filter(
        'YourDataSource',
         FilteredColumn = listmyList.Selected.FilteredColumn
)

Note: The FilteredColumn represents the column you want to use to filter your SP list records based on the selected in your Start page.

More details about Filter function, please check the following article:

Filter function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@Saintenr 

Can you describe more about what you expect to have in the DropDown list?  Is it a Filter of a column in your SharePoint list, or a Filter based on a condition?  What values are you expecting to have in your DropDown?

Also, if you have any sort of information about your SharePoint columns that would be helpful to know, share that as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Saintenr
Level: Powered On

Hello,

the table type is Single lines of text. I could now read the value with "Set(VarLocationKey;listmyList.SelectedItems.'my Item');;". So, based on the value selected in the table on the start page. I can also set the value as dropdown default value. I would like to add the M
Have the opportunity to change the value. For example {op1, op2, op3,...}. Is this possible? Also I come to the error that if I want to set the read out value into a text field as default value, a table value and no text value will be output.

Thank you, Saintenr

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @Saintenr ,

How do you list your SP list reocrds within your start page? Using Gallery or Data Table or List box?

Could you please share a bit more about your app's configuration?

Further, do you want to change the Items value within your Dropdown box based on the selected entry within your Start page?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Filter function could achieve your needs. Please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the Dropdown box to following:

Filter(
        'YourDataSource',
         FilteredColumn = listmyList.Selected.FilteredColumn
)

Note: The FilteredColumn represents the column you want to use to filter your SP list records based on the selected in your Start page.

More details about Filter function, please check the following article:

Filter function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 179 members 5,749 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: