Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yanni99
Level: Powered On

Change buttons text and position with database

I can't seem to find the information.

We have ever changing product name so I want to be able to trigger something in Sharepoint and then Powerapps takes the items that are on and displays those buttons in Powerapps. 

I know this is doable in a Gallery but it does not meet our needs. Galleries are not customizable, so that limits what you can do with them. 

I already know what formula I would use. It's just the matter of setting up a database on a series of buttons.

If(Countrows(Filter(Buttons, OnOff =true)) = 9, 'place 9 buttons that way with names from' Buttons).

Any way this is doable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Change buttons text and position with database

Hey @yanni99 

You can customize a gallery in a similar pattern, add a blank vertical gallery and set the Wrap count property to 3. You can then create a button of the size of each item.

Now, regarding filtering the values of values, how are you getting the filter to omit a few of them?

You can place a filter on the Gallery items as:

Filter([1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20], !(Value in OmitList))

Buttons -> Text -> "Test "&ThisItem.Value

If you could share more details, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mdevaney
Level 8

@yanni99 

Can you please post a screenshot a screenshot of how the buttons should display on the screen?  Also, can you please elaborate on why the gallery does not meet your requirements for customization?

yanni99

Let's say i have 8 buttons, it would look like that :

2019-09-27 09_49_37-Window.png

Now Things have changed, and I don't need Test 2 and Test 7 But I need to add Test 9, Test 10 and Test 12, It would look like that

2019-09-27 09_52_29-Window.png

Just by switching a on/off on Sharepoint. AS far as I know, I cannot customize gallery's that way. I might be wrong.

Thank you

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @yanni99 

You can customize a gallery in a similar pattern, add a blank vertical gallery and set the Wrap count property to 3. You can then create a button of the size of each item.

Now, regarding filtering the values of values, how are you getting the filter to omit a few of them?

You can place a filter on the Gallery items as:

Filter([1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20], !(Value in OmitList))

Buttons -> Text -> "Test "&ThisItem.Value

If you could share more details, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

mdevaney
Level 8

@yanni99 

Agreed with @yashag2255 .  These button layouts can definitely be achieved within a gallery.  His post shows the general method to do it.

yanni99

Ok, I think you got me on the right path. 

What I would do is set the Visible for each gallery possible in advance, probably 6 to 15 for what I want to achieve. And if the Countrows on the on/off equals 8, the gallery with 8 buttons would be displayed. 

Thank you, I don't know why I thought the Gallery was not Customizable enough.

mdevaney
Level 8

@yanni99 

I learn something new about PowerApps everyday on this forum, lol

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 5,426 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: