cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the value of the data label (in a chart)

Hi there,

My question is : "Is there any way to change the hover value of a chart ?"

Currently, the displayed value when the mouse is on a point of my chart is my Y axis value.

But, I want to show an other value of my table.

Is this possible ?

Any advice would be good. Thanks a lot in advance.

Louis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Change the value of the data label (in a chart)

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to change the "15" hover value within your Line Chart into other column value in your Table?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

Actually, the houver value in your Line Chart control is based on the Series1 property of your Line Chart control. If you want to change the hover value within your Line Chart into other column value, you must change the Series1 property to other column value in your Table.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately there is no way to set that in the chart properties.  You could alter the series data to provide the values you want, but that would impact the actual chart.  The chart controls are pretty weak in that area of customization.  

You might want to throw an idea on the idea forum about it. 

Another option is to consider the Power BI tile if applicable.

I hope this provides some answers for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to change the hover value of a chart within a Column Chart control?

Actually, the hover value of a Chart within a Chart control is based on the column value you set within the Series property.1.JPG

2.JPG

If you want to change the hover value of a chart within your Chart control, you need to change the Series property of your Chart control to other column in your Table.

If you set the Series property of your Chart control to one column value of your Table, but want to show another column value as the hover value of a chart, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes@v-xida-msft

Thanks for your answers.

Randy, I suspected this a little... I searched an option during 2 hours before posting.

@v-xida-msft, I put a picture about my problem in attachments. I just wanted to change the "15" label with the value corresponding of an other variable.

I'm sorry if my english is bad, I try to be as clear as possible.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Louis

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to change the "15" hover value within your Line Chart into other column value in your Table?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

Actually, the houver value in your Line Chart control is based on the Series1 property of your Line Chart control. If you want to change the hover value within your Line Chart into other column value, you must change the Series1 property to other column value in your Table.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,695)