cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jernejp
Level: Powered On

Changed gateway IP, now custom API doesn't work any more

We have a custom connector to work with an API that's running on one of our servers.

Today we changed that gateway's IP address. The custom connector uses https://service.ourcompany.com as host, and since we changed the IP address of the server, the connection isn't working anymore, getting a 502 bad gateway error.

Does anyone know what's causing this and what the possible fix would be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Changed gateway IP, now custom API doesn't work any more

If you can ping the server name and it returns the new IP then I would think there is no DNS issues on your side. I would then recommend that you open a support ticket with Microsoft to see if the issue is with the connector.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Have you tried editing the connector and going to the test screen to see if it still works? If it works on the test screen then you try updating the connector. If the IP change just happened then you might want to just wait a little bit to make sure the DNS is updated and there isn't any caching going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
jernejp

Yes, I went to the testing screen and got the same errors I got within my application.

Okay, I'll wait till tomorrow. So far it's been 8 hours since the change and the error persists.

Highlighted
jernejp

So now it's been another 24 hours (at least 48 in total), and it's still now working. Is there anything I can do?

Super User
Super User

If you can ping the server name and it returns the new IP then I would think there is no DNS issues on your side. I would then recommend that you open a support ticket with Microsoft to see if the issue is with the connector.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,759)