cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamGill
Level 8

Changes to Azure - impact to PowerApps?

I read recently that Microsoft Azure AD has been updated to allow B2B collaboration, where a User can be provided with access credentials, irrespective of whether they are a member of the AD domain - or external to it:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Azure-AD-makes-sharing-and-co...

In relative terms, does this mean that access to a PowerApp (which, to my knowledge, are all hosted on Azure) may be granted to "external" users? A problem I encountered was, although we have AD federation with some of our partners, they were not able to directly access a PowerApp with their credentials - and we had to supply them with a local AD account.

Any news in this area would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff linhtran
PowerApps Staff

Re: Changes to Azure - impact to PowerApps?

Hi Adam, 

We are actively working on enabling the capability to share app with external users outside of your tenant. We are leveraging Azure AD B2B collaboration. So we would inherit the capabilities available in Azure AD B2B like this one as well. I am very excited about this feature coming to PowerApps. 

We don't yet announce the specific date on it yet but please look for it in our Oct release note. For now, let me know if you are interested in learning more or want to be an early adopter. 

Thanks,

Linh

litran@MSFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff linhtran
PowerApps Staff

Hi Adam, 

We are actively working on enabling the capability to share app with external users outside of your tenant. We are leveraging Azure AD B2B collaboration. So we would inherit the capabilities available in Azure AD B2B like this one as well. I am very excited about this feature coming to PowerApps. 

We don't yet announce the specific date on it yet but please look for it in our Oct release note. For now, let me know if you are interested in learning more or want to be an early adopter. 

Thanks,

Linh

litran@MSFT

View solution in original post

AdamGill
Level 8

Most definately Linh - a move towards authenticated, public access for PowerApps is something my organization are very interested in achieving.

Adam

Highlighted
jennbach
Level: Powered On

That is something I would also be interested in.  I'm in the process right now of deciding the best way to improve/rework an outdated website that essentially should work as an app instead.  However, it would require those outside our orgainzation to be able to access.  I was excited about PowerApps until I found it could only be used by those in our organization.  I'd like to to ahead and use PowerApps for this project, but don't want to get burned if it would not work for us in the long run.  I'm very interested in the upcoming change and would like to learn more and/or be an early adopter.

Thanks,

Jenn

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,606)