cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starwispy
Level: Powered On

Changes to PowerApps tiles do not save

When attempting to change the colour and icon used for the app tile, I can see the changes in the preview tile, however when I click Save, the save process starts however just before I'm redirected the preview tile reverts to the default blue tile, and the changes are not saved.  I've tried several times and have tried closing / refreshing in between with no luck. I've managed to change the tiles for some of my apps successfully, however it seems buggy as some will not save. 

I eventually changed the icon by doing a 'Save As' and replacing the existing app, but this is not desirable as I believe users who already have the app will not see the new icon.  I searched the Support articles, but it appears no-one else has had this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

Re: Changes to PowerApps tiles do not save

I have been able to repro this and have reported it. In the meantime, while we work to remediate, please do this: AFTER editing your tile/icon: go back and edit something in the app (even something as simple as nudging a control up or down) then save and it should stick. This only occurs if you (just like me) have a habit of editing your icon after you have saved all your changes to the app. This bug sometimes won't keep the change if nothing has been edited in the app but the tile.

Let me know if you have questions, we'll get this fixed soon. Thank you for your patience.

Audrie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Power Automate Staff

I have been able to repro this and have reported it. In the meantime, while we work to remediate, please do this: AFTER editing your tile/icon: go back and edit something in the app (even something as simple as nudging a control up or down) then save and it should stick. This only occurs if you (just like me) have a habit of editing your icon after you have saved all your changes to the app. This bug sometimes won't keep the change if nothing has been edited in the app but the tile.

Let me know if you have questions, we'll get this fixed soon. Thank you for your patience.

Audrie

View solution in original post

starwispy
Level: Powered On

Thanks very much Audrie! Yes, I was trying to save the tile changes after I'd already saved all other changes in the app. Good to know there's a quick workaround.  I appreciate you reporting the bug Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Power Automate Staff

Awesome! If this works for you, please accept the post as a solution!

Thanks again,

Audrie

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,409)