cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Powerapp Studio language

I am using Swedish language on an English version of Windows, on a machine in Sweden. Powerapp Studio defaults to Swedish for menus etc, and I would prefer English in order to be certain I use the exact same nomenclature as English users.

How do I go about doing this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff AndyPennell
PowerApps Staff

Re: Changing Powerapp Studio language

You cannot at this time. The web version of Studio can be configured to use alternate languages (by changing the borwoser settings or editing the url).

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

If you are using Windows 10, would you please take a check for which language is set as the default under Settings->Time&Language->Region & Language?

You may change the Windows language preference to English, that would have the PowerApps studio App language switch to English as well.

Click the English language, then click Set as Default. 

Do this would change Windows Display language in English.

It would need some time for PowerApps studio (UWP version) to switch the language.

You should be able to use Swedish keyboard after you switch to English language.

4.PNG

Currently there is no changing language option available within PowerApps studio (which I think @AndyPennell should mean this), if you would like it to be added in the future PowerApps studio version, then please submit as an idea.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8
PowerApps Staff

You cannot at this time. The web version of Studio can be configured to use alternate languages (by changing the borwoser settings or editing the url).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.

Okay, thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

If you are using Windows 10, would you please take a check for which language is set as the default under Settings->Time&Language->Region & Language?

You may change the Windows language preference to English, that would have the PowerApps studio App language switch to English as well.

Click the English language, then click Set as Default. 

Do this would change Windows Display language in English.

It would need some time for PowerApps studio (UWP version) to switch the language.

You should be able to use Swedish keyboard after you switch to English language.

4.PNG

Currently there is no changing language option available within PowerApps studio (which I think @AndyPennell should mean this), if you would like it to be added in the future PowerApps studio version, then please submit as an idea.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so that worked. It's just a bit perplexing that I have to change the language of my entire operatnig system in order to get one particlular applicatoin working the way I want it to.

PowerApps Staff

The post started by saying that Studio menus were wanted in English instead of Swedish. Perhaps another thread should be created to cover getting "an app to work the way I want"?

agneum
Level 8

Information on how to change the display language is highly relevant in this thread. I too cannot comprehend the stupidity that I can't simply select the language in a dropdown somewhere, or at least add a language pack as I can in Office 2016.

TSAC
Level: Power Up

Almost 2 years later: Still not possible.

Come on Microsoft, that should be basic -_-

Highlighted
Olik
Level: Power Up

The language can't be freely changed? Hmmm, well, sometimes the higher good has to be forced to the users ;-))

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 222 members 5,367 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: