cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i-gonak
Level: Power Up

Changing data with toggle control

Hello everybody,

so I'm trying to change the underlying data with a toggle control: toggle on --> field = 0, toggle off --> field = 1.

This is what I have so far:

OnCheck:

Patch(import_countries; First(Filter(import_countries; BEZ_ENG = ThisItem.BEZ_ENG)); { IMPORT_BLOCKED: 0 })

OnUncheck:

Patch(import_countries; First(Filter(import_countries; BEZ_ENG = ThisItem.BEZ_ENG)); { IMPORT_BLOCKED: 1 })

Default:

If(ThisItem.IMPORT_BLOCKED = 0; true; false)

The bevahiour I get is quite confusing. When I toggle once, it sometimes switches forever, sometimes it switches just back, i.e. toggle is on, I click on it, it gets off and on again immediately. I can't find a mistake in my code 😕

I tried to google and found very similar topic and the code looks the same:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Patching-Sharepoint-list-from-checkbox/td-p/8...

3 REPLIES 3
Mike8
Level 10

Re: Changing data with toggle control

Hello i-gonak,

I think the issue is the Default property. You can test it.
If you erase the expression from the default property, the toggle will not change.
You patch the value IMPORT_BLOCKED that you use in the if statement in the default property. So every time that you patch the value it refreshes the Default value and the toggle changes.
It's like a circle. 

i-gonak
Level: Power Up

I already tried to "debug" a bit and of course deleted Default-Function first. Please look at the gif to see the behaviour. Sometimes it works, sometimes toggle switches but with wrong value, sometimes it "jumps" back again.

The reason I tried to use this Default-Function is that I have have different values (0 or 1). So it doesn't make sense to have all toggles in the list either true or false. It has to be always dependant on the current value in the data.

Mike8
Level 10

Can you add a button and add the following expression 
Button1.OnSelect = UpdateContext({vImportCountryDefault:ShowColumns(import_countries,"ID","IMPORT_BLOCKED")})
and then change the default property to
Toggle1.Default= If(LookUp(vImportCountryDefault,ID=ThisItem.ID,IMPORT_BLOCKED) = 0; true; false)
?
You can press the button and then test if you have the functionality that you need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,518)