cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing mouse to hand icon when hovering over objects with OnSelect function

I have received some feedback from my app users that it is sometimes hard to tell when image or text is clickable. On the desktop version, when you hover over an image the icon remains the same or when you hover a text it changes to the edit text icon, the mouse icon seems to change to hand icon only when hovering over objects like Icons or Controls like Button control.

Example 1
The text in the Org Browser by Microsoft says View My Profile, when hovering over it with mouse, the mouse icon changes to select text icon.
8.png

Example 2
When using images as buttons, the mouse will stay as a cursor and will not change to the hand icon.
9.png

Example 3
Hovering mouse over the button. It changes to hand icon and it is clear that you can click it.
10.png

This is not a problem on the Phone since you click with your fingers but it confuses the users on desktop. Would it be possible to make all objects with functions in OnSelect property to have a <a> tag or something similar that it would force the mouse cursor to change into hand?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Changing mouse to hand icon when hovering over objects with OnSelect function

Hi MartynasJurkus,

I think it might be a good addition.

Please consider to create an idea on PowerApps ideas Forum, I will report it from my side. PGs will check the ideas forum and take popular ideas into consideration.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LooseChippings
Level: Powered On

Re: Changing mouse to hand icon when hovering over objects with OnSelect function

As a work around, I put a button over the item to be click and changed fill to No Fill and Text to "".  Add the command to the button and the user has the right impression of the cursor changing to a hand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LooseChippingsand @v-yamao-msft

So I did some tests and in the Web Editor when you add Icon Object or Button Control and enter the Preview the App mode (F5) the mouse icon does change to the hand symbol while hovering over Button or Icon.

However, when you publish the app and enter the App via MS Dynamics or embeded in SharePoint hovering over any object will not change the mouse icon to hand. So it does not matter if you add a button and make it invisible or add rectangle icon the mouse will still not chage to hand. As far as I tested I could not find any workaround for now.

I have submited an idea here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Changing-mouse-to-hand-icon-when-hovering-over-o...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,933)