cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zango
Level: Powered On

Cheaper tablet devices to run PowerApps

Hi, 

We are wanting to pilot an auditing app we have created for use on a mill/factory floor - not really the kindest environemnt.

We had 20 or so Nexus 7 devices (Android 6, 2gb ram) but we cannot get them to load even the simplest PowerApp application (One screen and two labels) - hangs on "loading ..." application. I know they are a few years old but them to not even load we thought was quite surprising. PowerApps ver 3.19034.13

We have a few Ipad air 2's (2016 with 2gb ram) that our application runs fine on but we cant really justify 10s of Ipads.

We have been struggling to actually find Android tablets with 4gb of ram especially when we are looking at a budget of around £100

We have been searching for specs trying to match: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/update-on-supported-platforms-and-versions-of-powerapps/ 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cheaper tablet devices to run PowerApps

Hi @Zango ,

About Price, please reference 

pricing

If you hav emore confuse please 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards.

Yumia

PowerApps Staff Kavishi_MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Zango As called out in the support documentation, we recommend using Android OS version 7 and above with atleast 4GB RAM for good experience. Neverthless, you should be able to load the app even on a lower spec device but we highly recommend against using it since user experience on those will be extremely poor. 

Can you try loading the app again and share the session id with us if you are still not able to? Thanks

Zango

Hi Kavishi,

I have tried PowerApps on the Nexux 7 today and its working!

My PowerApps version is now 3.19042.24

At least one of the apps I have tested this morning has not been changed since before last time I attempted to load them so maybe it was an issue with my Power Apps version? We have been on auto update so we have been using the latest version 🤷‍♂️

Just got a colleague to try and they just reinstalled PowerApps now on version 3.19043.17 and it doesn't seem to be working for them 🤦‍♀️

my session id is [working]: e89c1671-598c-4987-abb5-b4ea1f1147ed

their session id [not working]:  {currently waiting for response they seem to have disapeared}

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff Kavishi_MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Sure. Please let us know so that we can investigate. Thanks

Zango

Ok I cant edit my message.

Their session id is: d23709d6-ff14-42b3-ae7d-65190ec01111

It is the same as yesterday, working for me but not for them - strange, now i dont want to update my powerapps version!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 99 members 5,226 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: