cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zebraffe_x
Level: Powered On

Check-in existing asset

I'm using PowerApps Asset Checkout as my template to build an asset tracker. I want to track what assets are checked out by whom and I want to track when that asset is checked in. I have 2 SharePoint lists to do this - Inventory contains all the assets and UserCheckout contains all the assets that have been checked out.

My thinking is that I can pull the data from UserCheckout and populate a Check In page with the user's name and email and then use Today() as the CheckedIn date. Because users can have more than one asset checked out, I was thinking I could populate a dropdown with all the titles of all the assets and they choose which one to check in. Once this is done, it would add +1 to the CountValue column in Inventory for the Title chosen in the dropdown, making it available to check out again. For now, I'd like to keep all the records in UserCheckout for tracking purposes.

Is there a way that I can do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Check-in existing asset

If you mean the Dorpdown for all the Assets that belongs to the same user, yes, that is possible.

The Items property for the Dropdown should be configured as:

Filter(UserCheckout, Email=User().Email, IsBlank(CheckedIn)).AssetName

The formula above assumes that the Asset that didn't Checked in would have a blank value for the CheckedIn field.

If not, then we need to modify the formula to meet the condition, so that the devices that has been checked in will not be listed within the Dropdown.

Let me know if this would work.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

If you mean the Dorpdown for all the Assets that belongs to the same user, yes, that is possible.

The Items property for the Dropdown should be configured as:

Filter(UserCheckout, Email=User().Email, IsBlank(CheckedIn)).AssetName

The formula above assumes that the Asset that didn't Checked in would have a blank value for the CheckedIn field.

If not, then we need to modify the formula to meet the condition, so that the devices that has been checked in will not be listed within the Dropdown.

Let me know if this would work.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
zebraffe_x
Level: Powered On

Thank you so much, that worked!

Now I just need to get the form to submit properly to the SP list and this piece of my app is completed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 421 members 5,972 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: