Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MattTaylor
Level: Powered On

Checking a Collection has populated

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is a bit of a basic question but I'm trying to create a loading screen for users whilst a Collection populates from the CDS. Is there any way of checking when a Collect has finished populating? I can't see any documentation on return values or callbacks, etc. 

Thank you in advance,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Checking a Collection has populated

@MattTaylor 

You betcha there is a way!  And lucky for you it is pretty straightforward. 

My method of creating a preloader (that's what I call a loading screen) is to put it on the same screen the User is waitng for.  I make a rectangle shape that covers the whole screen and shows a loading animation.  When the data is loaded I trigger the preloader to hide using the Visible property of my rectangle shape and animation.

If you want to show a preloader while the collection is unpopulated and hide the preloader when the collection becomes populated put the following code in the Visible property of every component in your preloader.

IsEmpty(your_collection_name)

Let me know if that works for you.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Level 8

@MattTaylor 

You betcha there is a way!  And lucky for you it is pretty straightforward. 

My method of creating a preloader (that's what I call a loading screen) is to put it on the same screen the User is waitng for.  I make a rectangle shape that covers the whole screen and shows a loading animation.  When the data is loaded I trigger the preloader to hide using the Visible property of my rectangle shape and animation.

If you want to show a preloader while the collection is unpopulated and hide the preloader when the collection becomes populated put the following code in the Visible property of every component in your preloader.

IsEmpty(your_collection_name)

Let me know if that works for you.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

MattTaylor
Level: Powered On

Sorry for the delay, it works like a charm - thank you kindly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 5,309 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: