cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Level 8

Choice column type data fetch issue from sharepoint list to powerapps

In my app i am displaying users whatever data they have submitted using a datatable,i have allowed users to edit the already submitted data by redirecting to a edit form where the selected data from the data table is displayed for the users to edit.

Similarly viewform function is also mapped with another button wherein users will be displayed with the details of the selected data from datatable.

In both of these i am facing a similar issue that all the fields are shown accurately except Choice type fileds data, where it is showing me previous record data (static)

For example,if an user selects a record from the datatable for the first time after opening app and clicks on edit button it takes the user to the edit form with all accurate details but once the user comes back and again selects another record to edit , all the fields related to the second selected record comes up except the choice type fields where the data from the 1st selected item is retained.

And when i test from my end i am not facing any issue but user is facing all these issue,please guide me 

this is causing so much hassles in my application 😞 😞

6 REPLIES 6
vish_p
Level 8

Re: Choice column type data fetch issue from sharepoint list to powerapps

Can anyone please reply..this is really important

Super User
Super User

It's hard to determine from your description some of the exact details that would lead to pointing a finger at the issue.

So, I would check to see if the edited data is being saved properly as you expect in the choice field.  Then, look at the defaults for those choice fields and make sure they are pulling from the proper values (refreshed and/or patched/updated as you might expect).

You also say "your users see this" does this imply that you are not seeing the issue, only end-users?  If so, are you stating this is a run-time ("Play") vs Edit issue?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
vish_p
Level 8

@RandyHayes

1) The data is being saved properly in the linked SPList ,i have cross checked all the records and found to be intact in SPList.

2)I have not kept any defaluts for these columns in SPList and in my app the default formula is"Choices(SPList.Columnname)"

3)Exactly this is only a runtime issue only my end users are seeing this error when i play the app from my PC i am not facing  any issue at all but when i play the app from any other user pc (even with my login id) i am facing issue

Super User
Super User

So, it's #3 that is the concerning part.  I keep seeing lots of posts on this board where people are running into "it works great in Edit, but doesn't when Played for others".  

Not sure how to best direct in that case other than to suggest checking through different browsers and also using the PowerApp App to play the app.  That might at least point at where things go wrong repeatedly. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
vish_p
Level 8

I have tried different PC's,different browsers,mobile apps everywhere user is facing the issue 😞

Super User
Super User

So at this point I would take a look at any Default properties you have set on that dropdown and see if there is something that is wrong.  Your incident seems somewhat issolated as I know, I for one, am not seeing that specific issue. 

So, again, perhaps take a look through the statements you might have in there and see if there is something that might be suspect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,662)