Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PowerAsh
Level: Powered On

Choice columns error with SharePoint Forms

Hi,

I'm getting an error when customising SharePoint forms with Powerapps. The form itself works fine when using it in SharePoint (although some controls appear to have changed since I last used it) and all information is saved, however when I go in to edit it, I'm finding errors on any datacard linking to a Choice column.

Both locked and unlocked datacards in the form connected to Choice columns in the list were working fine last Friday, but today when editing, inputs that I think were previously just regular Dropdowns are now Combo Boxes, and all have the error "The data source supplied to the function is invalid" in the Items property. It's all connected to the right list, and the appropriate column names are input, and if I unlock the data card and retype the same expression into the items property for a second the error will go away but then the exact same message will return.Cat Sad

Capture2.JPG

The only way I've found to get rid of the errors is to change the input type to "Edit Lookup" rather than "Edit Selection" because if I select Edit Selection the same error will appear. I am confused because I thought that you could just use a regular dropdown control, rather than one that allows typing to filter the options (as that is what I had previously in the form, since there were only five or so options to choose from). 

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

I'd like to understand why it's suddenly just gotten upset with choice columns, and why I can't use a regular dropdown control in a locked datacard.

Cat Frustrated Ash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Choice columns error with SharePoint Forms

There was a change a couple of weeks ago. Have you tried unchecking the choice field in the data pane then clicking data source refresh and then add the field back to the form? That is how I converted by drop down boxes to combo boxes and it seem to work well.

Here is the Blog post that talks about the Combo box change.

PowerApps update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Choice columns error with SharePoint Forms

There was a change a couple of weeks ago. Have you tried unchecking the choice field in the data pane then clicking data source refresh and then add the field back to the form? That is how I converted by drop down boxes to combo boxes and it seem to work well.

Here is the Blog post that talks about the Combo box change.

PowerApps update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 347 members 6,034 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: