cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_yee
Level: Powered On

Re: Choice field fails

The workaround I have found is simply to delete out the items formula (ex: DataCardValue.Items = Choices(eGGRT_ISSUE_MESSAGES.Issue_ID_Lookup)  for the dropdown data card value then paste it back in. 

This is a trick that I have had to use for many other formulas where an error is indicated but the code is actually correct.  I was about to replace all Sharepoint list Choice type columnss with hard coded dropdown values but this solution seems to be working. 

I also had the issue of "#.Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.." values showing up in my dropdowns that are linked to Sharepoint Choice columns not because I made changes to these data cards, but because I made other unrelated changes to form elements.

Highlighted
flipcritic
Level: Powered On

Re: Choice field fails

Co-signing Andy's workaround. Been experiencing this too.

@andy_yee wrote:

The workaround I have found is simply to delete out the items formula (ex: DataCardValue.Items = Choices(eGGRT_ISSUE_MESSAGES.Issue_ID_Lookup)  for the dropdown data card value then paste it back in. 

This is a trick that I have had to use for many other formulas where an error is indicated but the code is actually correct.  I was about to replace all Sharepoint list Choice type columnss with hard coded dropdown values but this solution seems to be working. 

I also had the issue of "#.Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.." values showing up in my dropdowns that are linked to Sharepoint Choice columns not because I made changes to these data cards, but because I made other unrelated changes to form elements.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 159 members 5,219 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: