cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlawsonpinewalk
Level: Powered On

ClearCollect a SQL View

When editting my PowerApp I am able to perform a clearcollect on a sql view to store the information for cases where the user wants to add a new record to a subsequent table.

On publishing it appears that the clearcollect feature no longer works, my collection is blank.  I know that SQL views are currently read-only but does this include populating a collection, and is it the case that there would be a difference between edit mode and published mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tlawsonpinewalk

Re: ClearCollect a SQL View

I resolved this - it appears that the issue was around the explicit column selection setting - once I turned that off my collection populated correctly as expected.

I got my clue from here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/ClearCollect-and-Filter-working-in-weba...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlawsonpinewalk

I resolved this - it appears that the issue was around the explicit column selection setting - once I turned that off my collection populated correctly as expected.

I got my clue from here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/ClearCollect-and-Filter-working-in-weba...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
seadude
Level 10

I'm having this exact same problem: Unable to consistently ClearCollect a SQL View on mobile device ONLY. Works fine in IDE Preview Mode and Browser Player. Unfortunately, turning off Explicit Column Selection DID NOT HELP. How can I debug and fix this? This app is late due to this issue.

Thank you

t19670

I have exactly the same problem. I ClearCollect data from filtered sql table and it does not return all the data, i.e the last record saved to the sql table. (and yes the record is saved and i can see it in sql table)

Turning off Explict Column Selection does not help me either. 

Strange thing is when I repeat the ClearCollect again a few minutes later the last record is returned from the sql table.

Has anyone found a fix yet?

seadude
Level 10

Hi @t19670 , I think I ended up doing a Refresh() on BOTH the View and its associated tables after submitting record to get the latest change to appear. Have you tried this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,286)