cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdupton
Level: Powered On

ClearCollect a SQL View

I use ClearCollect to preload my gallery for better app performance.  My issue is if I edit an item and then call the ClearCollect again it often doesn't pull in the updated item data.  I have forced it sometimes by calling Refresh against the datasource but I would expect that ClearCollect shoud requery the datasource (SQL view).

Is this a bug or expected behavior?

5 REPLIES 5
Sienna
Level 10

Re: ClearCollect a SQL View

@tdupton

I'm pretty sure it is a bug.. I'm testing SQL and there is more weird things going on with SQL at the moment

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/BUG-REPORT-Removing-multiple-rows-from-SQL/m-...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/BUG-REPORT-Timer-issue-when-patching-to-SQL/m...

and even more what I've noticed but didn't want to spam this comunity with every single bug I have found. 

I currently have this issue as well and it's becoming annoying for my customers. Is there any known work-around?

Highlighted
seadude
Level 10

Same issue here: Unable to consistently ClearCollect a SQL View ON MOBILE DEVICE ONLY. Users have to go back and forth in the app to get the ClearCollect to work. I need some suggestions for debugging this/fixing this.

So far I've tried:

• Delayed Load: On/Off
  • Explicit Column Selection: On/Off
  • Improved Rendering: On/Off

Can't afford to refresh() data source multiple times. Other ideas?

Administrator
Administrator

adding in @GregLi to review and assist. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Jswanson
Level: Powered On

I have same issues. My work around was to put a refresh button on the page but sometimes you have to click the button 3 or 4 times before the data comes back correct. I also on reset of the form select that button. It seems like average time to get the data back can vary from 30sec to 2min.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 249 members 6,551 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: