cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsslasd
Level 8

Clicking a Button with a patch statement sometimes returns the following message: "This Items has already been created on the Server"

Sometimes when Clicking a Button with a patch statement sometimes the following message is returned: "This Items has already been created on the Server"

What is this error message, and what does this exactly mean ?

The Button then has a small red "X" in the upper left hand corner in the developer mode.

9 REPLIES 9
Eloy
Level: Powered On

Re: Clicking a Button with a patch statement sometimes returns the following message: "This Items has already been created on the Server"

That means there is an error or a save conflict. Can you post the code on the button, erasing any sensitive information.

vsslasd
Level 8

Re: Clicking a Button with a patch statement sometimes returns the following message: "This Items has already been created on the Server"

Yes, here is our code:

UpdateIf(ServiceCalls,Service_Call_ID=ServiceCall_Gallery.Selected.Service_Call_ID,
{ASMApprove: If(IsBlank(ASMApprove) || ASMApprove=0 , 1,0)
}
);

If(
   IsEmpty(
           Filter('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]',
           Service_Call_ID=ServiceCall_Gallery.Selected.Service_Call_ID && PRM_Asset_Id=0 && ApproveType="ASM Approve")
   )=false,
   Patch('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', First(Filter('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=ServiceCall_Gallery.Selected.Service_Call_ID && PRM_Asset_Id = 0 && ApproveType="ASM Approve")),
        {

Timestamp: If(

First(Filter('[dbo].[vwFTM_Service_Call_All_iPad]', Service_Call_ID=ServiceCall_Gallery.Selected.Service_Call_ID)).ASMApprove =0
                         ||
                         IsBlank(First(Filter('[dbo].[vwFTM_Service_Call_All_iPad]', Service_Call_ID=ServiceCall_Gallery.Selected.Service_Call_ID)).ASMApprove) =true,  

Now(),
                         DateTimeValue("1900-01-01")),

UserId: vUserOnly
        }
    ),

Patch('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]',Defaults('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]'),
    {
            Service_Call_ID: ServiceCall_Gallery.Selected.Service_Call_ID,
            EquipmentId: "No Equip Id",
            PRM_Asset_Id: 0,
            ApproveType: "ASM Approve",
            Timestamp: Now(),
    }

));
Refresh('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]');
Refresh('[dbo].[vwFTM_Service_Call_All_iPad]');
ClearCollect(ServiceCalls,'[dbo].[vwFTM_Service_Call_All_iPad]');
Reset(ServiceCall_Gallery)

Please let me know if there is anything incorrect.

What is painful is having to do the Refreshes, ClearCollects and Reset Gallery at the end, to show the must up to date data.

Clearly this shouldn't be required ?

Eloy

I don't think the refreshes are necessary. I have encounter the same errors when refreshing a SQL DB connection. If it is a gallery or a Tabledata, it should refresh automatically.

At least that is my understanding

vsslasd
Level 8

I believe the refreshes are required.

The If Clauses will not work without refreshes.

Correct me, if mistaken or if code can be rewritten to not require it.

Eloy

I am not 100% sure about the refreshes.

I noticed the refreshes happen after the If statements.

So again what is the purpose of refreshing the databases? Is it so a gallery or form refreshes?

Almost time to go home, tomorrow I will test a gallery and see if it updates automatically afer inserting a record. I know for sure that a DataTable updates automatically because I just finished an App that uses a datatable connected to a SQL.

vsslasd
Level 8

Here is an update to our code, and we are still getting the "...Already Been Created on the Server" error message:

If(
   IsEmpty(Filter('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]',
           Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id=vPRM_Asset_Id && ApproveType="Equip Tasks"))=true,
           Patch('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Defaults('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]'),
           {
            Service_Call_ID: vSC,
            PRM_Asset_Id: vPRM_Asset_Id,
            ApproveType: "Equip Tasks",
            EquipmentId: vEquipment_ID,
           }
           ),
           Patch('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', First(Filter('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id = vPRM_Asset_Id && ApproveType="Equip Tasks")),
           {
                         Year(First(Filter('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id = vPRM_Asset_Id && ApproveType="Equip Tasks")).Timestamp)<=1901 ,
                         Now(),
            }
    ));

Refresh('[dbo].[vwFTM_Equipment_Logging_All_iPad]')

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @vsslasd ,

Based on the formula that you provided, I could not find any syntax error with it.

On your side, please consider take a try to modify your formula as below:

If(
   IsBlank(LookUp('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id=vPRM_Asset_Id && ApproveType="Equip Tasks")),
   Patch(
'[dbo].[PA_Approvals]',
Defaults('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]'), { Service_Call_ID: vSC, PRM_Asset_Id: vPRM_Asset_Id, ApproveType: "Equip Tasks", EquipmentId: vEquipment_ID, Timestamp: Now(), UserId: vUserOnly } ), Patch(
'[dbo].[PA_Approvals]',
LookUp('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id = vPRM_Asset_Id && ApproveType="Equip Tasks"), { Timestamp: If( Year(LookUp('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id = vPRM_Asset_Id && ApproveType="Equip Tasks").Timestamp) <= 1901 , Now(), DateTimeValue("1900-01-01")), UserId: vUserOnly } )
);
Refresh('[dbo].[vwFTM_Equipment_Logging_All_iPad]')

In addition, please check if you have enabled Unique property for the Service_Call_ID,  PRM_Asset_IdApproveTypEquipmentIdTimestamp or UserId column in your SQL Table. If yes, please make sure that the value that provided for the corresponding Unique column is unique (not repeated) when you patch new record into your SQL Table data source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vsslasd
Level 8

Hello, I have modified the code as follows:

If(
   IsBlank(LookUp('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id=0 && ApproveType="ASM")),
           Patch('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Defaults('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]'),
           {
            Service_Call_ID: vSC,
            PRM_Asset_Id: 0,
            ApproveType: "ASM",
            EquipmentId: "No Equip Id",
           }
           ),
           Patch('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', LookUp('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id = 0 && ApproveType="ASM"),
           {
                         Year(LookUp('[dbo].[PA_Approvals]', Service_Call_ID=vSC && PRM_Asset_Id = 0 && ApproveType="ASM").Timestamp)<=1901 ,
                         Now(),
            }
           )
    );
Refresh('[dbo].[vwFTM_Service_Call_All_iPad]')

I'm still getting the error message.

The SQL Azure table structure is as follows:

/****** Object: Table [dbo].[PA_Approvals] Script Date: 3/15/2019 9:20:47 AM ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[PA_Approvals](

[RowId] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,

[Service_Call_ID] [varchar](17) NOT NULL,

[EquipmentId] [varchar](31) NOT NULL,

[PRM_Asset_Id] [int] NOT NULL,

[ApproveType] [varchar](5) NOT NULL,

[Timestamp] [datetime] NULL,

[UserId] [varchar](15) NULL,

[RecommendationRowId] [int] NULL,

CONSTRAINT [PK_PA_Approvals] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[Service_Call_ID] ASC,

[PRM_Asset_Id] ASC,

[ApproveType] ASC

)WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]

) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[PA_Approvals] ADD CONSTRAINT [DF_PA_Approvals] DEFAULT (getdate()) FOR [Timestamp]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[PA_Approvals] ADD CONSTRAINT [DF_PA_Approvals_RecommendationRowId] DEFAULT ((0)) FOR [RecommendationRowId]

GO

Based upon the code, the Primary Key should be fine as it is, as opposed to all of the columns in the table as suggested.

Can you please guide us? This should not be problematic.

Thank you.

vsslasd
Level 8

Kris, I am testing this code and it doesn't work.

It's on an OnSelect Button property.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,742)