cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simms7400
Level 8

ComboBox Automated Population not rendering

Hi Folks -

I have a PowerApps Application that used SharePoint as the source.  I have a form where users need to select certain fields, one of them being my ComboBox.  Once selection, the value is then propgated to SP without issues.  However, there is one condition that when it is met, populates the ComboBox automatically so the end user doesn't need to select it.  However, when I hit Submit, the value isn't getting reflected in SP.

I belive the issue is that it doesn't recognize the auto populate value becaise it wasn't physically selected.  Is there a way around this to force it after it's been auto populated?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: ComboBox Automated Population not rendering

Hi @simms7400 

Your combox box column type in sharepoint would be a complex type - either choice or lookup

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/default-values-for-complex-sharepoint-types/

for choice : 

{ Value: "Morning" }

for lookup

LookUp(
        Choices(MyListName.Department),
        Value = "Sales")

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

simms7400
Level 8

@RezaDorrani   Hi - it is neither.  It's a regular text field in SharePoint and what I have done is overlay a Combo box over the field within PowerApps.

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@simms7400 If you are using a ComboBox to provide a value for a text field in SP, you can do something like the following.

ComboBox.Items = [ "Red", "Green", "Blue" ]

ComboBox.DefaultSelectedItems = [Parent.Default]   // for the original saved item, OR

ComboBox.DefaultSelectedItems = { Value: "Magenta" }   // for an item not in the list

DataCard.Update = ComboBox.Selected.Value

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,722)