Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: ComboBox Default Property - formula not working

@simms7400 

Okay...let's get this going...

Let me know the Items property of the ComboBox.  Assigning defaults and selections is always based on the items of the combobox.  Items is a table of records WITH a signature.  Defaults are (in the case of the ComboBox) as table of records WITH the exact signature.
So, let's start with the Items property.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
simms7400
Level 8

@RandyHayes 

Hi Randy!

Allow me to clarify. The field I'm trying to populate is maybe not a ComboBox, although I have been calling it such. It's a choice SharePoint List field. It's called "Business_Owner" (display name is R&D Unit) and located in SP List called "rdAsset".

RANDYY.jpg

This field should be populated based on the selection of the "Target Alias" field:

target alias.jpg

Target Alias is populated with a list of values from the table "RD_Target_List" and "Alias" column.  And is this what "RD_Target_List" like:

lookup.jpg

So based on the selection of "Target Alias", I need to return the value in the "Business_Owner" column from "RD_Target_List".

The values in the "Business_Owner" field on my form are the same list of values in the "Business_Owner" column of "RD_Target_List".

I hope this makes sense, if not let me know.

Thank you, Randy!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@simms7400 

So let me repeat to make sure I understand - you have a column in your SharePoint list called "Business_Owner" that is a choice column and has all the same values (as the choices) as the table RD_Target_List's Business Owner field.

You have another column in your SharePoint list called "Target Alias" - I presume that it has all the same values as the Alias field in your RD_Target_List.

You need R&D Unit (Business_Owner) to default to the value of the "Business Owner" as determined by a lookup from the RD_Target_List based on the "Target Alias" value selected.

I hope the above is correct...

Now - Your ComboBox (DataCardValue51) should be set to the following:

Items : Choices(rdAsset.Business_Owner)

DefaultSelectedItems :  {Value: Lookup(RD_Target_List, Alias=yourTargetAliasControlName.Selected.Value, Business_Owner)}

I didn't see the name of the combobox control for your Target Alias, so just substitute that in the blue above.

I hope that nails it for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

simms7400
Level 8

@RandyHayes 

As usual, this worked like a charm!!! I incorporated this into 5 other datacard and its working like a charm!!

This will surely help keep wrong data entris from being submitted.  Than you again Randy have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,128)