cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdc604
Level 8

ComboBox crazy glitchy in PowerApps?

This thing is flashing and jumping around the screen like crazy, basically making the form unusable. The list it draws from has 4 items, and there is no Default or DefaultSelectedItems. Its just weird. Has anyone else experienced this?

combobox glitch.PNGcombobox glitch2.PNG

OnSelect=Select(Parent)

OnChange=false

DisplayFields=["Display"]

SearchFields=["Display"] (search is turned off)

Items='List: Review Status'

SelectMultiple=false

Reset=false

IsSearchable=false

TabIndex=-1

DisplayMode=DisplayMode.Edit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ComboBox crazy glitchy in PowerApps?

Hi @bdc604,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Have you solved your problem?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think your thought is correct, the Select() function would allow you to press/click other controls which have OnSelect property.

The Select(Parent) formula would allow you to press/click the parent container of the current control (ComboxBox control). More details about the Select() fcuntion, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/New-Select-function-we-can-now-reuse-code/td-p/5...

If your problem is solved, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify if your problem is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
bdc604
Level 8

Yeah, my bad. Make sure to wander through all the items on your forms and replace Select(Parent) with false unless you actually want something to happen when clicked on. This was causing a chain reaction of postbacks for me.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bdc604,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Have you solved your problem?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think your thought is correct, the Select() function would allow you to press/click other controls which have OnSelect property.

The Select(Parent) formula would allow you to press/click the parent container of the current control (ComboxBox control). More details about the Select() fcuntion, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/New-Select-function-we-can-now-reuse-code/td-p/5...

If your problem is solved, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify if your problem is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 447 members 6,466 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: