cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HServill
Level: Powered On

Combobox multiple filter

Hi, i want to have multiple filters using combobox but my formula is not working. Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Combobox multiple filter

Hey @HServill 

Can you try to update the formula as:

If(!IsBlank(ClientCB.Selected)&&!IsBlank(StatusCB.Selected),
Filter('Task List',Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title, Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems.Preparation_Status),
IsBlank(ClientCB.Selected)&&IsBlank(StatusCB.Selected),'Task List',
Filter('Task List',(Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title)||(Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems.Preparation_Status)))

If this gives you some error, please share more details of the error along with the Items property of ClientCB and StatusCB

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @HServill 

Can you try to update few mondifications in the formula as:

Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title
Preperation_Status in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Preperation_Status

Here, ClientCB.SelectedItem.ColName return a single column list of all the values in a specfic column (in this case, ColName) based on selected items.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
HServill

@yashag2255 

Here's the updated code but it's still not working..

Filter('Task List',Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title, Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems.Preparation_Status),
Filter('Task List',(Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems)||(Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems)))

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @HServill 

Can you try to update the formula as:

Filter('Task List',(Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title)||(Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems.Preparation_Status)))

If this gives you some error, please share more details of the error along with the Items property of ClientCB and StatusCB

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

HServill

@yashag2255  - it's now working perfectly! many thanks! May I ask for another thing please, how can i have the combobox filter showing only the unique values? When i tried using Distinct in the comboxbox (Distinct('Task List',Preparation_Status).Result), the formula will not work

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @HServill 

Can you try to update the configurations as:

Combobox Items:
Distinct('Task List',Preparation_Status)

Gallery -> Items -> If(!IsBlank(ClientCB.Selected)&&!IsBlank(StatusCB.Selected),Filter('Task List',Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title, Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems.Result),
Filter('Task List',(Title in ClientCB.SelectedItems.Title)||(Preparation_Status in StatusCB.SelectedItems.Result)))

Hope this Helps!

HServill

@yashag2255  - you're truly great, it's working!! i can see the difference now, will check some more on my workings. really appreciate your help!! thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,923)