cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hari
Level: Powered On

Common Data Service Auto number column is not working in Canvas app

I have created an Autonumber Field in CDS and integrated it with Canvas app also with Model Driven App. Its worked fine like generated as autonumber field (EMP1000) in Model driven app. But same I have tried in the Canavas its not working. Kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks in Advance..

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Common Data Service Auto number column is not working in Canvas app

@hari 

I carried out a simple test on my side and I am not able to reproduce it. Can you share more details of how you are trying to submit the data into CDS through Canvas App. I tried Edit forms and Patch function.
hari

@yashag2255I am trying it for New form simple like submit form function at the button click

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@hari 

Please share the screenshot for the edit form. Have you added the datacard for autonumber field?
hari

@yashag2255  I have attached screenshot for your reference in that I have created a Auto Number field in CDS and Provided that entity to my Canvas App once added it shows as normal Text field. Kindly help me to take correct path.

dsemelianov

Hi @hari, this is a known gap that we are looking to address.

Currently, Canvas apps recognize Autonumber fields as plain Text fields, so they do not treat them in any special way. We are actively working on improving this experience, but in the meantime:

1) Even though the Autonumber field input is blank in the form, if you submit your data then the Autonumber value still be generated and filled into the field for you on the server.

2) If you do not want to give your users the ability to specify their own value for the Autonumber field when filling out the form, then you can remove the input for the Autonumber field from the edit view of your form, but add it to the read view of your form.

Let me know if this is still preventing you from creating the desired experience in your app, and I can help you find more workarounds while we work on releasing full Canvas app support for Autonumber fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,013)