cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Common Data Service for Apps: Opportunity and Other Missing Entities

Hello Community,

I'm exploring the Common Data Service for Apps in my new trial instance.  In my old CDS-based account there was an Opportunity entity.  In the new trial I do not see this.  Is there some additional initialization I should perform?

Thank you,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Common Data Service for Apps: Opportunity?

Hi @Anonymous - in the most recent update, the Common Data Model as also updated, which included the removal and addition of some entities. As you've pointed out Opportunity and Product were included in this. Our team is contiuing to develop the model, and new entities will potentially be avaialble in the future.

If you'd still like to use these entities in the updated service, you have two options - if you're using an enviornment with Dynamics 365 for Sales, these entities are included as they also contain logic to support their use. This model is different to the original CDM model, but does include similar fields.

Alternatively, you can create a custom entity to meet your requirements, either manually or using PowerQuery (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq)

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additionally, it seems that a good amount of entities are missing from the Map Entities Power Query screen.  For instance, I cannot even locate Product (attached).

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Anonymous - in the most recent update, the Common Data Model as also updated, which included the removal and addition of some entities. As you've pointed out Opportunity and Product were included in this. Our team is contiuing to develop the model, and new entities will potentially be avaialble in the future.

If you'd still like to use these entities in the updated service, you have two options - if you're using an enviornment with Dynamics 365 for Sales, these entities are included as they also contain logic to support their use. This model is different to the original CDM model, but does include similar fields.

Alternatively, you can create a custom entity to meet your requirements, either manually or using PowerQuery (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq)

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool... thank you for the information @CWesener, it is much appreciated.  I myself had the luxury of creating a new PowerApps account literally a few days before the big change, so I am not exactly sure which is what just yet. 🙂  The one concern I had was that I had a bad install or something of that nature, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Thanks again for letting me know! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another issue I am running into that I believe is related to this one (perhaps?).  Looks like there is a "Customer Relationships" entity with a "Customer" fields, but when I look in the available entities I do not see Customers.  Additionally, adding "Customer Relationships" results in the error described here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Error-While-Adding-Customer-Relationships/m-p/1014...

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Anonymous - Customer is actually a data type, which results in a heterogeneous relationship to both Account and Contact. You can read more about it here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/customize/types-of-fields)

Currently we dont support creating this through the portal as it's not supported in Canvas apps (only Model) once this support is complete you'll be able to add it.

Thanks,
Clay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 161 members 5,127 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: