cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mcolbert
Level 8

Components Really Slow

I have an app with two components, one for a common screen header and another with a commione screen footer. Switching between screens and components takes about nearly 30 secs. Anyone else experience this? Any workarounds?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Components Really Slow

I don't use a lot of screens. I find it to be faster and more efficient to show and hide all my data I can on one screen. I have some pretty complicated apps and my typical app is about 3 or 4 screens. 

Try using UpdateContext({}) to show/hide stuff more and see if you like that any better. I think it is faster and more reliable. But...everybody has their own style and way of doing things.

mcolbert
Level 8

@rebeccas 
Sorry, let me clarify.. while in the design surface and switching between screens  and components as shown below. That;s where the delay happens, not when previewing the app.

PowerAppsDesignSurface.png

Thanks!

Super User
Super User

Ahh...I had an app I was working on get hung up earlier today. Not sure what that was about. Usually when I have performance issues in edit mode the next time I open PowerApps there has been a change or "Update"..lol. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,072)