cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hintbw-abc
Level 8

Concern about pricing in order to recommend PowerApps as a solution

I have suggested PowerApps as a solution to some SMBs and am working on one current project to bring some business processes into PowerApps, however I'm concerned about what the pricing model is going to look like. Hopefully there will be a free tier (ala Power BI pricing model - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/), but bringing a per user pricing model will be interesting and potentially impactful depending how the tiers break down.

I have seen other posts suggest that we bring apps to "production", but without a clear pricing model (or some hints about the direction), this is problematic. I suspect others are experiencing this, but, as a consultant to a particular client, this particularly impacts the on-going cost of the solution we deliver.

5 REPLIES 5
hpkeong
Level 10

Re: Concern about pricing in order to recommend PowerApps as a solution

Hi

Hope I don;t mis-understand your idea.Smiley Happy

Just sharing my business model on using PowerApps as a Productivity Apps to complement some clients' existing SAP, ERP or even Excel-based system (Smiley Happy).

As an ISO/Qualty & EHS/Improvement Advisor, I would say that our experiences in clients' system will be added advantage for us to quickly developed apps as an additonal solution to expedite their daily routine, boring and yet unproductive tasks.

Hence, the amount of works which can be expedited with apps will determine the charges on clients. Since PowerApps is free, Excel is Free (I assume your clients are using Excel), workmail belong's to cient, nothing from the softward can be counted on them.

Again, total no of SCREENS / FORMULATION / TABULATION will be also a key for cost-calculation, definitely including amont of time (hours) spent on creating apps.

I have started with 4 clients (completed and under trial) and 2 more ongoing clients on using PowerApps. I would see the trend of using MOBILE Apps & Cloud Data (Excel) to assist Top Management to manage remotely from Mobile Phone, NOT PC.

Just sharing.

hpkeong
tomdosfre
Level: Power Up

Hi, have the same concern. i don't want to embark our users into this without knowing what the cost will be.

I'm super interested and am an early adopter, however not having a price tag is a stopper.

Any ideas? thanks!

PowerApps Staff Darshan
PowerApps Staff

We recently discussed the packaging/licensing model at Ignite: towards the end of this talk: https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos/4986

We'll soon announce pricing for P1 and P2 plans.
jf7575
Level: Powered On

I just got an email from Microsoft telling me the price is 10$ per user per month! On top off that I pay the Azure plan for SQL plus Office 365. My app is a simple front end to the Azure SQL database, I will go away from PowerApps if I have to pay that price.
PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

For more pricing information you can find: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

As you can see in that link, PowerApps is included with some of the Office 365 and Dynamics 365 plans.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,948)