cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinL
Level: Powered On

Concurrent Multiple submitform behavior

I am making a sceen that contains two forms and when submit, two different tables in onedrive excel are modified
I am using concurrent for the submission:

Onselect: Concurrent(Submitform(Form1), Submitform(Form2))

I would like to navigate to a submit successful screen named DONE. Normall I would add:

- Onsuccess: Navigtion(Done)

to the form if only a sigle form is concern.

1. In this multiple form case, are there anyway to trigger the Navigtion(Done) only if both form1 and form2 submission are successful?
  2. A further question on the concurrent multiple form submit "Concurrent(Submitform(Form1), Submitform(Form2))", will there be any warning message visible to the app user if submission is not successful for either one of the form? 
  3. If error occour on the concurrent multiple form submit, will all form1 and form2 form submit operation be stopped?
  4. Reason to that is I added an Audit trail record(Form 2), Form 1(in edit mode)is visible to users, while Form 2(new form mode) is invisible and form 2 datacardsvalue = those from form 1. When user submit form, the corrosponding record of From 1 is updated, and the changes is added to a new column of Form 2. I have experienced a problem that not both forms were submitted sometimes, are there better ways to ensure no discrepancy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Concurrent Multiple submitform behavior

Hi @VinL 

1- Since you are using concurrent - any action within can fire first or simulatenously hence no way to navigate to success screen directly.

Better option would be first to fire submitform1 and then on success of submitform1 fire submitform2 and then onsuccess of submitform2 navigate to success screen

2- Yes warning will be displayed

3- No - so if form1 succeds and form 2 fails - form1 would still post data since it succeeeded

4- Why not use patch to update the record (form2) only when form1 is successul (you can use the onsuccess property of form1 to patch/update the record)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @VinL 

1- Since you are using concurrent - any action within can fire first or simulatenously hence no way to navigate to success screen directly.

Better option would be first to fire submitform1 and then on success of submitform1 fire submitform2 and then onsuccess of submitform2 navigate to success screen

2- Yes warning will be displayed

3- No - so if form1 succeds and form 2 fails - form1 would still post data since it succeeeded

4- Why not use patch to update the record (form2) only when form1 is successul (you can use the onsuccess property of form1 to patch/update the record)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

VinL
Level: Powered On

Oh yes you are right! I didnt thought of using Onsuccess to submit another form.

Smiley Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 385 members 6,056 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: