cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Trey-Peirce
Level: Powered On

Conditional Formatting on Views (tables) in Data Driven Apps

Is there a simple way to create conditional formatting rules on tables (aka views) in data driven apps? For example, say I want to change a ‘cell’ color to green if the status is ‘active’. Is this possible? What’s the easiest way to accomplish this? Also, is there a way to add multiple rules? This would really help me out. Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Conditional Formatting on Views (tables) in Data Driven Apps

Hi @Trey-Peirce ,

Firstly, I'm afraid that it's not supported to change a form's color based on data in model-driven app.

Its visual effect is generated by system automatically.

Secondly, by combining conditions and actions, you can do any of the following with business rules:

• Set field values

• Clear field values

• Set field requirement levels

• Show or hide fields

• Enable or disable fields

• Validate data and show error messages

• Create business recommendations based on business intelligence.

Adding multiple rules is ok, you could combining conditions and actions in the whatever way you like.

Here's a doc about how to create rules for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/create-business-rules-recommendat...

What's more, if you want to customize a form's visual effect, I suggest you embe canvas apps in model driven app.

Here' s a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embed-canvas-app-in-form

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Trey-Peirce

@v-yutliu-msft 

Thanks for the response! 

I don't think we are talking about the same thing though. I'm referring to 'Views' not 'Forms'. I want to add conditional formatting to my tables, much like Excel allows me to do. Check out my example below.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 9.57.32 PM.png

Is this even possible? This seems like such a simple feature, but maybe I am missing something. I would really appreciate some help! I am new to this. 

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Trey-Peirce ,

Do you want to customize text color in model-driven app view?

I'm afraid it's not supported to make this currently.

In model-driven app, app's visual effect is limitted. Most of the app's visual effect is genegrated by system and is not supported to customize.

You could edit a view to filter data and sort data.

Please note that: 

A view defines:

• The columns to display
  • How wide each column should be
  • How the list of records should be sorted by default
  • What default filters should be applied to restrict which records will appear in the list

Not include the text's color.

However, you could display custom icons depending on the value, which I think is similar to the function that you want.9171.png

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/display-custom-icons-instead

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Trey-Peirce

@v-yutliu-msft 

Thanks for the response. 

I was afraid that JS is the only way to accomplish some sort of conditional formatting. Is this definitely the best method to use?

Thanks. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Trey-Peirce ,

Yes, I'm afraid there's no better way to format based on condition in model-driven app.

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 266 members 5,484 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: